Lamp Socket Enhancements

can you please specify what brand and type of cable? maybe a picture of product. Thanks

1 Like

I included a link - look back in the thread.

1 Like

Wyze Lamp Socket Kit Should Include Extension Cable

The cable included with the Wyze Lamp Socket kit is WAY too short, only 30 inches or so.

I understand that many applications, especially indoors, do not need a longer cable. But trying to use this product on say a ceiling mounted porch light necessitates a longer cable.

The simple solution would be to include an extension cable in the kit. Or at least have one available to order with the kit.

I have a number of Wyze products and I find most to be very well thought out. Unfortunately the Wyze Lamp Socket is not.

1 Like

Would like to see a candelabra style socket version. Many porch/garage lights use multiple bulbs of this type rather than a single e24 style

1 Like

I just received the eight lamp sockets I ordered only to find out that we have no way to manually set the socket grouping in the Wyze app. I was hoping to use these for my security lights. Unfortunately all of my security lights are on the same light switch. This make getting the sockets to group correctly very difficult. I have also had to skip to lights due to proximity. To make this product scalable we need a way to manage the socket groups from the app. We also need a way to specify which cameras will control which socket groups.

1 Like

I have a rule that turns on sirens & light socket on sound & motion. I wish I could set it up so that the light socket does not come on during day light hours.

I have a similar request. I want to separate the motion activation of the socket (light bulb) from the motion recording. I always want the camera to record motion, but I only want the bulb to come on later. We often sit out on our deck well past dark, but not every night. So the ā€œMotion is detected in the darkā€ option doesnā€™t work. The light comes on every time we move. But scheduling motion detection to turn on in the middle of the night means I miss any motion later in the day.

Bottom lineā€¦I want to separately schedule (midnight to 6 am, for instance) when the light socket will turn on because of motion without every turning motion/recording off.

1 Like

Longer cable for the wyze lamp socket that works with the V3 cam

Hello everyone, before knowing that the Wyze socket existed, I bought a long cable compatible with the V3 cam, which worked perfectly. It was the best solution since I have to drill to get inside the nearest electric outlet, but it sort of worked.

When I realized the socket existed I thought, this is perfect, plus connected to the camera, it would turn on the bulb.

I bought the socket, and it comes with a very short cable, only useful if you want to use the cam 2 feet away from the bulb; otherwise, it is too shot.

Can you create a longer cable as an accessory for the Wyze lamp socket, even a bundle, like 5 more feet at least?

3 Likes

Javier - If you look back in this thread, I shared a solution with a 25 foot cable. Iā€™m still using the cable and itā€™s working as intended. The company also sells shorter cables.

1 Like

Thanks, Brendan, so as long as there is a data component in the cable is good to go, correct? The main issue is that the socket is not seen as an accessory in the app, and with this cable, you said it does, right?

This is the one?
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Extension-Cable-Blink-Oculus/dp/B0763358FV

Thanks again

1 Like

I bought a couple 16ā€™ cables on eBay, work just fine.

That is correct Javier. The only issue Iā€™ve had with the Amazon cable is that it wonā€™t download and apply updates, otherwise all the functionality is there. To deal with updates, I just grab an extension cord and the original cable and use the original cable to download and apply the updated. A minor nuisance that Iā€™ve only had to do twice since installing my camera and only takes a couple minute to complete. Best of luck!

2 Likes

I also need a microSD data extension cable to connect the Wyze Light Socket to the Wyze Camera V3. I would ask that Wyze post a list of links to compatible data cable extensions. The problem not mentioned very often is the aftermarket data cables do not fit the waterproof socket of the Wyze camera. I need a 3 foot extension that will fit in the waterproof camera socket because the socket and camera are outdoors.

1 Like

Sell extra data cables please.

If I understand correctly Wyze does not sell replacement or extra data cables? I need a data cable to connect the Wyze Light Socket and the Wyze Cam 3. It seems the only way I can get one is to buy a second Wyze Light Socket just for the cable. The Amazon cables are either super long or they do not fit the waterproof camera plug. How about selling extra data cables.

3 Likes

Lamp Socket needs a button and on widget to turn lights on and off.

The lamp Socket needs some kind button in the app and on the widget to turn the light on or off. Instead of it just coming on with motion. Thanks

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

5 Likes

It does have a button (In the app) to turn the light on or off
Upper right corner, once you click into the selected cam that has the socket

1 Like

LAMP SOCKET TOD FOR RULES

I have a rule setup to go on if person detected on my cameras. I wish there was a time of day feature so that you can set TOD for the camera to go on. Going on during the day is useless. Plus it stays on until you have to manually turn it off.

1 Like

Lamp sockets do not have a button on the main/home page of the app like every other light/plug sold by Wyze. This is what is requested. Integrations canā€™t find the lamp sockets at all as theyā€™re buried in the camera settings and not seen by integrations.

1 Like

Despite the option in the app that appears to turn the light on, the light does not stay on. This is very frustrating. Agree that the app needs to allow for timed on/off as the dusk/dawn option isnā€™t what everyone wants. We want to be able to turn the light off at night, but have it on at prescribed periods to assist coming and going.

1 Like

I want it to on at night only in-spite of rules that turn it on 24/7. And it would be nice to specify how long to stay on. After being out all day when I get home the light is on.

1 Like