Wyze Lamp Socket support for Wyze Cam Pan v3

Please let the new WYZE PAN V3 work with the lamp socket. I have 2 lamp sockets with 2 wyze cam v3 camera’s outside. But i got no power outlets, so i use the lamp socket. I love the wyze pan v2 and will definitely upgrade my outside cams if itll work with the lamp socket

[Mod Edit]: Title and tags modified to enhance search clarity.

Wyze lamp socket for new Cam Pan V3

Would love to have a lamp socket that could run the Cam Pan V3 since outdoor rated and could use in place of regular V3 camera.

4 Likes

I am not optimistic that this will happen soon since there appears to be a special, angled USB for the Pan V3 and a different, special USB for the socket. But we can hope.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lamp Socket Enhancements

Interestingly enough my lamp socket powers the V3 pan cam and it seems to function fine but it does not show as an accessory so I can turn the light on or off. Sad that Wyze did not offer support for their lamp sockets and V3 Pan cam, I mean 90% of the people who buy the V3 Pan will pop it outside. Ugg now I need an outside power option…comon Wyze you offer great products but someone was sleeping on this one.

8 Likes

I just connected the Wyze Cam Pan V3 to the Wyze Flood light additional USB and it seems to be working fine. I am yet to mount the floodlight to its place.

2 Likes

WyzwCamPan v3 doesn’t work with the WyzeLightSocket?

I didn’t read the details closely and just assumed the light socket would work with the Pan v3. Any chance the firmware will eventually be updated to allow the Pan v3 to also work to control the light socket?

[Mod Note]: Your topic was moved to this wishlist request for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

6 Likes

I have been testing the pan v3, and the biggest issue so far is the power connector. I have one client that will be buying multiple pan v3s, and will require running longer power. Getting a short 90 degree pigtail cable is important.

I purchased 4 of the Outdoor Power Adapters just so I could get the 4 inch cable in the box. I have existing clients who have v2 Pan cameras that I need to upgrade to v3. The existing power cable is fine, and all I need is the short pigtail. Also, the 90 degree cable end requires drilling out a bigger hole that the older cable - just another reason to sell the pigtail.

1 Like

For what it’s worth… Without thinking I plugged my Wyze Pan V3 in to the lamp socket. The camera powers on and works as intended. However you cannot control the light itself. And I fear it may damage the camera over time because the lamp socket isn’t rated for the right power output. However for the past 48 hours the camera has worked. I also have a Pan V3 plugged into a wyze Floodlight. It has also been working.

I’d love to see either a new lamp socket adapter for the pan v3 or and update to allow the pan v3 to control the existing one.

Thank you wyze

8 Likes

Agreed! I swapped a static cam for the pan cam and its great but need to be able to control the light bulb - I really liked that the bulb would turn on when the camera sensed motion, this is a big mis step to not be able to connect the two functions!

6 Likes

Adding Accessories / Lamp socket to Pan Cam V3

I replaced a regular cam with the new pan cam V3 and its great, but I would like to add accessories such as the lamp socket to the new cam! It would be great

6 Likes

Yes, please do this!!!

3 Likes

Yes please fix this

2 Likes

Would love to have this. I have had Wyze cams since the first iteration and am upgrading to pan cam v3’s. I have 2 inside cameras that I would really like to use the lamp socket on with the pan cam 3’s.

3 Likes

The Lamp Socket is a critical power source. Not a fan of battery products as it needs to be taken down for charging, cold weather effects battery life, battery replacement…bla bla bla. Please design products that works with the Lamp Socket and Flood light. Cam Pan V3 needs to work together with Lamp Socket. Cam Pan V3 is just what I need to turn on the porch lights with motion zone detection. PleeeEEEASE! I BEG YOU! ASAAAP!

4 Likes

It would be great to have control of the socket like the Wyze outlet. At the VERY LEAST it needs integration with the pan cameras! I bought three of these things to use with my pan cam v3 and they’re worthless. I’m returning them tomorrow.

4 Likes

Allow Wyze Cam Pan V3 to be linked to and control the Wyze Lamp Sockets.

I loved the Lamp Socket and V3 camera combo, they work amazing together. After purchasing and installing the Wyze Cam Pan V3 where I previously had a V3 mounted and plugged into a lamp socket, I noticed the Cam Pan V3 could not “talk” to the Lamp Socket. I have lost “dusk to dawn” and other functionality of my driveway light fixtures. It would be amazing to get the same camera and lamp socket compatibility with the new Cam Pan V3. Thanks!

5 Likes

I keep wondering if the forms or comments make a difference pro doorbell no ability to add extra chimes, now a great camera awesome function but hey change the power input so you cant use cable extenstion or socket adapter what was the point of all this wonderful investment in the company if you dont listen to your base customer’s

4 Likes

Pan Cam v3 + Socket

Please make Pan Cam V3 able to plug into the Wyze light socket.

2 Likes

Why make the cam. V3 pan weatherproof if not compatible with the socket which would be better than the others.

I wish you would have been able to make a new light bulb socket for any weather and supports more than 1 outlet for multiple cameras and I will have to suggest that an outdoor pan weatherproof cam would work out a lot better and then you would have the leading edge on the whole world.

2 Likes