Lag in Video

If you have a microSD card installed and set the camera to continuous recording, you would have the thief. Simply view the playback and you have the evidence on the footage. I have my cameras setup that way and I never miss anything. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thats how most of mine are set up, continuous recording and then I use the event videos as place marks for times I may want to look at. I have 2 cams set to record events only to SD just so I have some working a different way to try and duplicate problems people have.

3 Likes

Same here. I always look at the event video clips first that gives me the time or pretty close to what Iā€™m searching for. If I see an event video clip say at 2:30 am, I go to the playback and zoom in on that time frame.

1 Like

ohā€¦continuousā€¦
let say you have 16GB microSDed installā€¦when card is fullā€¦it will resplace with the latest action overwrite the video you did not get to seeā€¦would this ever happened?

alsoā€¦with continuous rec i can go to triggered events and see all the footage without having to remove microSD and watch on PC?

1 Like

I use a 32 GB card and that gives me 2 to 3 days of recording on HD and about 4 days on SD. The card loops back and overwrites the oldest footage first. You can view the playback in the Wyze app no need to remove the card. You open the camera in live stream, then tap playback at the bottom to see the recorded footage.

2 Likes

great info.
under acctā€¦wyze serviceā€¦person detectionā€¦free.
was this ever not free?

1 Like

Person detection has always been a free service from Wyze. Thatā€™s the best part.

okā€¦just check my playback todayā€¦Fedx guy came by with a packageā€¦knock door/ring bell.
video is lag and so is sound. is there a fix for this yet? would down grade the apk help? or are we all waiting for the fix? Including authentication sometime stuck @ 2/3.

Many have successfully installed the APK v2.4.82 and it seems to correct the lag issue in the video. Me personally, I have been tolerating the few quirks in the app v2.5.30 Android release. They should have a fix for this soon so Iā€™m waiting it out for now.

3 Likes

It probably will help.
If you would like to go back to v2.4.82 (be sure to uninstall the current app first) you can find a file here
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009818512-Android-Wyze-App

3 Likes

And then turn off automatic updates.

2 Likes

if i downgrade ā€¦delete old apkā€¦install new apkā€¦i have to setup each cam again?
but if i upgradeā€¦its automatic through WIFI and no need to setup each cam correct?

No need to setup the cameras again. First, delete the current Wyze app and then install the APK.

After you rollback, make sure to turn off updates in the playstore settings or it will update back to the newer app version again.

2 Likes

Your settings should be preserved under your logon on the Wyze servers.

2 Likes

Is there a fix released for this yet?

The fix is still to downgrade. See post 50.

1 Like

Link to Android v2.4.82 not working

WHOOPS, OUR BAD

i recently update to latest release and found video lag improved a little? anyone ?

Maybe?

I have latest app and farmware and see 30sec delay very often. Disappointingā€¦