It's Finally Here - Wyze Cam Outdoor 6/23/20

No I said video doorbell.

https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-Doorbell-Weatherproof-Wide-Angle-AD110/dp/B07ZJS3L5Y/

1 Like

Mine arrived today,
I got a notification in 38 seconds the camera tagged me at around 30-35 feet , about the same as Blink and Arlo, but the V2 inside facing out the window tages me at 70 feet
Blink, Arlo and (V2 inside window) tag a car at 75 feet most of the time
WOC doesn’t connect as quick as the other wyze cameras but , it’s doing good through walls at about 38 feet from base and out to about 70 feet

Update
The outdoor camera tagged my truck when I cam home, in the road in front of my house at 75 feet , in the dark.
BTW I’m just reporting what my results were from testing it out

1 Like

How fast are your V2 notifications by comparison? Mine seems to be no more than about 20 seconds from the time I came towards the door until the time Alexa announced a person. However this was NOT a timed test.

Strange part is that with the PIR built in you’d think there would be some way to trigger a WCO alert instantly, not 40 seconds later.

2 Likes

Timed the V2 right at 20 seconds , that’s with my phone open, now, if my screen has been off for more than about 10 minutes I never know when I might get the notification, might be 10 minutes or an hour later, I have tried many many things to fix that but, that is a no go and you probably know from the forum I’m not the only one

1 Like

I just received two units. Base gets hot, hot, hot. Audio is total trash, not useable either listening or talking, so much interference and noisy. Audio in a quiet neighborhood, forget it. Will probably ship these back. Video looks pretty good though.

OK :slightly_smiling_face:
Edit: IR thermometer pointed at the top of the base is 91 degrees
checked out my modem for comparison it is 93 degrees
EDIT:
Ok , so, Took my outdoor base down found the hottest spot on the bottom temperature is 120 degrees.
I found the hottest spot on my modem and the temperature was 107 degrees

2 Likes

Open your phone, stream video from the camera for a few minutes. Now point your IR thermometer at the bottom of the base.

Maybe this is the wrong place, but when will I get my outdoor cam? It is August…

Has it shipped yet? One of mine arrived today and the other one while it says Aug 11th delivery it shows being in Fontana, CA with only a label being created. The first came from Indiana.

What was your temperature measurement?

Probably they skimped on having a good microphone or even having anything remotely close to a DSP front end to remove noise and do beamforming and have a tinny speaker.

What was the small gift? I received a P.S saying i was getting a small gift?

Welcome to the community! It was supposed to be a cowboy hat that fits on the camera :slight_smile:

1 Like

A cowboy hat I’m assuming for the camera…REALLY!

20200811_135235.jpg

Ya i didn’t get one :frowning:

Here it is.

It will probably just draw more attention to the camera. People trying to figure out what it is.

One day they’ll be worth a fortune on eBay… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Has anyone been silly enough to place the hat on the camera they set up outside?? LOL :smile:

2 Likes