IR Lights Off with Night Vision On?

The reflection from the IR lighting makes the camera useless through any glass enclosure. When can we expect the lights to be separately controlled on the WyzeCam V2 through the app?

Thanx,

73’

Tuna

It is in Beta…

If you search the Roadmap, a lot of feature requests are listed there. Please see this topic for how to use the Roadmap.

1 Like

Was told it could be done long ago, but it seems they really do not want to implement this…
Disappointed :frowning:

we have this in beta right now. there have been a few small bugs but they are being looked at. most estimates I see is that it might be live within the next month.

1 Like

This video represents ir lights and night mode automatically switching to OFF. Video taken in a snow storm at night. The image certainly clears up when overwhelmed by brightness. I should choose this mode all the time for obvious reasons shone in the video. Another example of why the camera ir lights should optioned to be disabled in night vision mode.

2 Likes

I’m really hoping my secondary IR lights are going to reduce my insect false alarms. Unfortunately, the only camera that has this now is also having connection issues, so the drop off in notifications is probably due to connection issues.

1 Like

Thank you @DreadPirateRush We really want to turn on Night Vision on the cameras and use our external 850nm IR lighting around the building to cut down on insect triggers directly in front of the cameras. This changes the entire scope of these cameras and their usefulness in the dark. Having a date for the implementation is sufficient. We will read those links.

Thanx,

73’

Tuna

2 Likes

The problem with those older posts is they cannot be replied to, or commented again.

We used the cloth tape method to temporarily cover the IR LEDs (visited your link) roll of black gaffer tape acquired from Home Depot, the cloth tape does have a gloss finish on the face of the tape. However, it does block the IR LEDs and tested as night vision working in daylight. The reflection from the glass is likely to be no worse than the white camera with the black bezel reflection is already off the glass. For now that will suffice, it prevents the IR LEDs from reflecting back to the cameras off the glass. A good temporary solution until the software fix becomes available.

Hope this helps,

Thanx,

73’

Tuna

1 Like

Both of the topics that @DreadPirateRush cited are still open for new replies. Are you not able to post a reply on them?

I am able to manage this using the latest beta, which means you can expect this in an upcoming release.

1 Like

@Loki It might have been one on the list below that I visited the link. Rather than one of those two links, I could be confused! Certainly would not be the first time I can tell you.

Great, for now we used black cloth tape from Home Depot 8 rolls for a couple dollars. But turning them on and off with the app is the better solution. At least now I know it’s not far off into the future on some distant planet.

Thank you Dean

73’

Tuna

1 Like

It makes a huge difference, too - I’ve left the IR on for my garage, but turned it off for the one in the kitchen that looks out the back. Works a treat.

1 Like

Same here, the garage camera IR are not covered with tape. Kitchen cam is taped here too looking into almost complete darkness. Works perfectly.

Thanks again for the tip Dean

1 Like

Unfortunately the IR light bleeds through the cloth tape and we had to cover over it with black electrical tape on top of the cloth tape. The sensor at the top and the mic pinhole have to both be covered in order to completely block the IR light and it has to be really close to the edge of the lens as well. We re-covered 2 of the cams with black electrical tape. The others will be completed tomorrow. Hopefully the software fix is not too far off on the timeline now.

Thanks for everyone’s help we appreciate it.

73’

Tuna

2 Likes