IR light comes on after turning cameras back on. Update issues cam V4.9.6.156 AppV2.12.29

I don’t know if this is just Android or not. . . Since the recent cam and app updates two of my cameras, which both have a view through a window keep turning on the IR lights. I have the IR lights set to off.

Sometimes I turn the cams off during the day, and when they turn on by schedule or manually they revert to IR lights on. If I cycle the ‘night vision mode’ or manually turn off the IR lights everything returns to normal until I switch off and then turn the cameras on again.

This just started happening since the last camera firmware update: 4.9.6.156 and app update:V2.12.29 which I received at the same time. So I’m not sure whether the problem lies with the camera or the app.

I am also experiencing some connectivity problems when trying to watch playback. However this is sort of normal. But seems to be happening more frequently since the updates, and I have had to power cycle the cameras a few times each as they have been freezing in the playback mode.

Anyone else seeing these sort of problems?

1 Like

I have the same issue since this lates update! All my v2 cameras with Night Vision Mode set to Auto (and the IR lights toggled off), keep turning the IR lights on. Yet the IR lights toggle shows it’s off. After I cycle the toggle, then it works correctly.

Doesn’t Wyze even test the firmware updates anymore before releasing them?!

2 Likes

Seems like they don’t. :thinking:

I’ve had wyze cameras for two years now, and this is one of the worst updates yet. I can’t even use playback on any of my three cams since the update. :tired_face:

2 Likes

I chatted with support about these problems, and as usual they suggested a factory reset. This of course didn’t fix the problem, but was very effective at wasting my time. :roll_eyes:

My advice is don’t install any new updates :expressionless:

3 Likes

I recently discovered that I have the same issues with a Wyze Cam V2; I have to toggle the IR lights off and back on every night. I’m using the cam behind a window (until the Outdoor Cam shows up). Haven’t checked the Pan Cam, yet.

Also had the issue with Playback freezing. I reformatted the card and am now able to view Playbacks, at least.

I’m using firmware v: 4.9.6.156.

2 Likes

I’ve formatted the sd cards, no difference. Last night support suggested performing a flash update, which didn’t help either. . . Just wasted more of my time. . . I have three cameras, playback only works on one of them. :crazy_face: Everytime I try playback the camera freezes and then does a spontaneous restart.

1 Like

Ive had this issue since i bought the v2 after any loss of power when the cams come back on the ir kicks on. It gets annoying. I also had an issue where if i went too far down on the cloud list for (8p.m. checking on a 8a.m. clip) the app would just shutdown .

1 Like

I too have this issue and contacted support about it today. I found it to happen after I set rules to turn the cameras on or off.

1 Like

I’m still having the problem with the IR lights, but the play back issues have finally been resolved since the last update.

I am having these same issues with my V2 cameras. Every night the IR light which is set to be OFF comes on automatically. I have to toggle the switch back and forth to make them go off completely even though the toggle switch is not on. It is very strange. Only when I manually toggle it back and forth does it make the IR light go off and stay off until the next day and the whole cycle is repeated again. I also have issues with playback as most have stated here so it is something going on in the App no doubt that needs to be fixed. @UserCustomerGwen can we get some advice or answers for these issues?

1 Like

I’m still going through this same issue too. I have sent Wyze numerous trouble tickets and they never seem to be able to fix or have heard about this issue. Seapup suggested restarting the camera through the app under Restart Device. So I’m trying that for now, but I wish Wyze would at least acknowledge this issue.

1 Like

I’ll flag the team for this. Could you please send in a log the next time it happens and post the log number here? We apologize for the trouble!

2 Likes

It happens every time my cameras are turned off and then on again. Since July!

I’m tired of sending in support tickets when they just tell me to reset/restart my cameras.

1 Like

Well, the suggestion by Seapup to use Restart Device in the app didn’t work. Every time my cameras are turned off and then on again, the IR LED’s come on while Night Vision is in Auto and the IR Lights are toggled to Off.

I’m very disappointed in Wyze for taking so long to fix this issue and not even acknowledging there is a problem. Oh but wait, they’ve developed so many products now that they don’t have the people to fix it. Seriously Wyze, stop making new products and use the resources to fix what’s broken in your current product line!

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen the ticket number is 54798 and this is for one of the 2 cameras that I have this same issue for. I have restarted the device and the same thing continues. I have a strong feeling that this is an app related issue and not a device related issue. The IR light is always toggled to the off position whenever I go into the app. Then I will have to manually toggle it back on and then off again just to make the IR lights go off like they should be if the switch is toggled off. I hope that this helps but since I have these cameras placed in a window it is crucial that the IR lights stay off as selected in the app. :smirk: Hope this helps to get this resolved! :+1:

**ETA: Ticket number 54806 for the other camera having the same issue.

2 Likes

This is clearly a software issue, because it never used to happen until a few updates ago.

3 Likes

I also have submitted logs for this issue. It’s ticket ID: 54913. I was dealing with Philip from Wyze via email about this, but he stopped responding after his initial email, so not sure if he’s still working on it.

2 Likes

We have this problem, and a similar one. If turned off and on, or power goes out, or internet, our 7 Wyze cameras come back, and some of the settings are changed, but not all and not on all 7 cameras.
They also love to sporadically change their own recording settings from HD to 360 or SD.
And Notifications. They change those too.
The Wyze bulbs, as soon as we left house we are selling and on expressway, they go off line.
Been living in 2 different homes since we bought, 2 different Internet providers, and the same has happened at both locations.

2 Likes

My original ticket number from Aug 1/20 [Wyze Ticket 700117] Re: IR light issue

I gave up trying to obtain any helpful suggestions from support.

2 Likes

Thanks, folks! I sent the log numbers to the team.

Is anyone using beta? If so, is that still a problem in the beta version?

1 Like