Latest updates ruining my wyzecam experience. Anybody else?

Since the last couple of firmware update a couple of updates, my why is Kim’s are not working properly, especially night mode and IR. Anybody else?

Sorry about the misspelled words. Was using dictation.

I am not having any ill effects of note. Can you be more specific as to what is happening? And please include the firmware versions and app version you are running.

1 Like

Hi. I was away when the second-to-last firmware update was done. I noticed night-time view on one wyze cam and one wyze cam pan was not in nighttime view. I also checked cameras visually did not see IR lights on both of these cameras since last update. No matter what setting I put or do I cannot get it to see nighttime mode whether it’s on IR on or off does not seem to work. The app version is 2.6.3 3 and wyzecam is 4.9.5 .17 and pan cam is 4.10. 5.17.
Let me know if you come up with a fix.
Thanks, Anthony.

Hi Anthony,

The IR lights on the Pan camera are not usually visible. The V2 lights are visible or rather they should be. Very dim but they are noticeable.

If you have turned Night Vision mode on and enabled the IR lights in settings and are still not able to see the IR view at night I would encourage you to open a support ticket here.

1 Like

Hi again. I did put in a ticket told me to on off three times reset this that and the other thing. I don’t like the last thing which was to go buy an SD card and try to flash it back to some other firmware. I don’t think that is something that someone should have to do with these cameras. I’m hoping to get back to me with something more reasonable. These I, I thought we’re always user-friendly and I always recommended them to people but this is not user-friendly at this point when you have to go through that process. Hopefully they have some better way of fixing this problem oh, we will see. Thanks for your help anyway.

1 Like

I am sorry your experience has been less than pleasant for you. Can you tell me what version of the app you are using and what specific firmware versions are causing you issues?

1 Like

Hi. My first reply to you had all the firmware and app versions internet reply.

I truly apologize you are correct. Let me have a peek.

Ok those are the same versions I am running, except for the app as I have iOS not Android.

The firmware on my cameras, V2’s and 1 Pan camera has no issues with night vision. So I suspect you may have an application issue as we have the same cameras and running the same firmware.

Unfortunately I don’t have Android. Let me ask some others that do if they can join.

Have you submitted feedback and logs to the devs through the app? That’s how they fix the bugs that are found by the beta testers. If you are using the beta app and firmware, then you should expect some issues. If you aren’t happy with the beta app and firmware, maybe leaving the beta program will improve the experience for you. :slight_smile:

Below is from the “Become A Beta Tester” page.

Thank you for your interest in our Beta program! We greatly appreciate you joining our efforts to improve our product. As one of our beta testers, you will see new products, features, and bug fixes before they become public! Please keep in mind that your experience will be different from that of the final and public versions of the product, app, and firmware. We try to get all the bugs out of our updates before we roll out a beta version, but we’re not perfect. That’s where you come in! The information that comes from our beta testers is integral to our product development process.

4 Likes

One thing to keep in mind you are running the beta App version. Betas exist to allow a small group to try the new software and (hopefully) find any remaining bugs. Beta is not meant for production use and is almost certain to not have as polished an experience as production software.

You might consider removing the beta software and going back to the production version?

3 Likes

hello, I’m currently running the beta and I have not found any of these issues. Can you give more specifics about the environment they’re in? I will try to replicate the issue

1 Like

Thx to everyone. The environment is outside, at least 6-8 months no problems till recently. All I can say is have 2 other cams, same environment a year or more, no problems.
The app should not have anything to do with these issues if other 2 cams with same updates function properly. Thats just my opinion.

Your original post said that you believed the latest updates were giving you a bad experience. Now you seem to be indicating it’s one camera and not others?

If it’s one camera out of several then I would suggest that it is very possibly a problem with the camera. Especially all else being equal, environment, age, firmware etc.

In that event I would let support finish working with you on identifying the issue.

3 Likes

Yes that’s what I’m thinking, but they were fine until firmware update. Just put it out there to see if anyone else may have experienced similar behavior.
Thx anyway. We will see what support comes back with.

1 Like

These cameras are not approved or designed to be used outdoors. Yes, many folks run them outdoors for long periods without problems. That doesn’t meant that all of them will continue to work correctly outdoors. Your issues sound very much like possible hardware problems. It is vey possible that the camera just succumbed to the outdoors and the firmware upgrade timing was just a coincidence.

5 Likes

Hi. These cameras mounted in protected area. The two that don’t have any issues are the oldest, since they came out. I’m an electronics engineer a properly protected should not have a problem like the ones I have and some many other people who use them outdoors. I had pan cam indoors that never saw the outdoors that had to be replaced after a month because of firmware issue. I know this started after the second to last firmware update and cameras work fine except the IR mode. I will post resolution when it’s figured out.

I know you stated they are protected outside, but one important thing to look at for devices that are not Ip6…etc rated, is humidity. Even devices that are covered or in a silicon or plastic case, are subject to the heat and coolness, Another aspect of being outside that people do not realize is morning dew, and can occur in the device ( since there are no seals), and over time can take its toll to mess with internal resistance and lastly short out aspects of the camera.

That’s just my thoughts of the issue. I hope you are able to get your issue resolved.

6 Likes

What is Beta Testing ?
Second level, external pilot-test of a product (usually a software) before commercial quantity production. At the beta test stage, the product has already passed through the first-level, internal pilot-test (alpha test) and glaring defects have been removed. But (since the product may still have some minor problems that require user participation) it is released to selected customers for testing under normal, everyday conditions of use to spot the remaining flaws.

3 Likes