iOS Photo Permissions

Hello. I’d like to see “Add Photos Only” Photos permissions for iOS. I’d like the option to not have my photos library available to the app.

– Andrew

I am 90% sure that this is an ios limitation and not an wyze one.

I do iOS dev, there is definitely a write only photos permission.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right.

Does it mean when you want to delete a Wyze cam captured photo, you want to manually delete it in your photo library?

Yes and no. A photo saved in the Wyze album can either be deleted from the Photos App or from within the Wyze app. But they do have to be manually delete in one or the other of those places. If you are using iCloud Photos Library, then you can do the deletion on any connected device/Mac.

This is huge - granting full access means that one’s entire photo library can potentially be stolen or even deleted in case of a big or a hack, that’s quite scary.

1 Like

Please allow us to grant partial access to the camera roll in order to download the videos. Full access isn’t really necessary and it brings security concerns. Thanks

1 Like

Can this issue be addressed? It’s unfortunate that I’m unable to download my videos simply because I don’t want to grant Wyze access to all of my private photos. Is there a specific reason why Wyze needs access to all photos. A comment above makes it sound like they would have no ability to delete Wyze content from my library. Once I download a video from Wyze, it should be of no concern to them what happens. I’ve downloaded it specifically to remove it from their ecosystem.

1 Like

App Permissions - Add Photos Only

Revert back to “Add Photos Only” or “Selected Photos” as options.

Wyze does not need permission to see “All Photos” on someone’s phone to be able to save/send a video/photo. The removal of these options lowered my overall trust in Wyze as a brand quite a bit.

1 Like