Intermittent blue blinking light

I generally put off firmware updates as they tend to break more for my single V2 Wyze Cam than fix and feature improvements are rarely of value. But every once in a while, i get tired of clicking no to the upgrade notice and go for it. I upgraded to the latest firmware on the day of the big outage. Ever since the last firmware, intermittently throughout the night, the cam blinks a blue light. I have the status light disabled in the settings, but it still blinks every few minutes for about 30 seconds. This is actually a big deal as it’s in our kiddo’s room and a blinking light stands out at night (and annoys the crap out of a very young child). I’m about to put tape over it. I’d like to roll back to an earlier firmware and see if that helps, but they took them away.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this a known bug? Why is the status light not disabling when set to do so?

Check to see if SD card is corrupted, or remove SD card and see if the issue goes away.

1 Like

Is the camera restarting itself?

Formatting and then switching out the SD card does nothing to the problem.

Doesn’t seem to be rebooting.

I have exactly the issue described here. Like OP, it started after the recent update, and my camera is in my baby’s room. This issue is extremely urgent. Please fix yesterday.

For the record this is “just” a user to user forum, and if it’s important you may want to contact Wyze support.

1 Like

Same thing has been happening to me for the last few weeks, don’t know when it started but it’s picked up as motion by one of my other cameras so it’s easy to track when and how often. Some nights it never happens and others it seems like it’s ongoing all night long at various intervals. When it happens it typically blinks 3 or 4 times and stops but has gone as long as 10-12 flashes before quitting. :unamused: