Yes, in a way. There is an Import / Export option that can save and retrieve camera setups from local storage, Dropbox, OneDrive, or your own NextCloud. TinyCam is a first class piece of software.
To reduce the amount of simultaneous streaming from the cameras you might want to consider using just one TinyCam Pro installation to grab the streams and then using its server functionality to relay a copy of the streams to the other Fire sticks.
Same problem, my Fire thingy doesn’t have a keyboard, and I don’t know how to enter the authentication code. It won’t let me click on it to get a keyboard.
Thanks a million! The step-by-step instructions were easy to follow. It was a little bit of a pain but not for the end result. Almost like I have a hardwired system but at a fraction of the cost. Now if we could just get the same on Roku.
Yeah, probably will either way, just wanted to know before I got my arms too deep into the rabbit hole when I install.
I like the TCP layout on my Android (8 up), but the constant cam drops are almost a dealbreaker. And the new sideways doorbell cam feed is annoying. I can’t seem to get that fixed after Wyze fubar’d it with this last FW. Either my 8 up tile is sideways or my full view. Can’t find the settings to get them both to show right.
Also, I really am trying to stream the video to a remote linux server. I have local computers that can perform the first capture on the local network to transport to the remote server. Is there any GitHub software?
In case: remote linux is Raspberry Pi 4, 8GB, fast network, 32 bit arm7 libraries raspberry pi buster. I have a special display 256x64x24b RGB matrix.
Thanks.
Yes it still works, and works well… You don’t need additional items to perform a “first capture”. TinyCam redirects streams out via its own web service.
TinyCam is not open source so there would be no GitHub project I’m aware of.
It would be nice if Wyze had an open interface with a 2FA. Im not going to put a tinycam port on the internet without docs stating my internet in uncompromised. I don’t care who grabs the video unless it gets bogged down.
I’m not clear on why you’re fine using closed the source Wyze camera and closed source Wyze app (which involves any number of 3rd party Internet servers to do its thing) and not okay using the closed source TinyCam app (which uses ZERO 3rd party servers and feeds video directly from your own device) ?
If you feel strongly about auditing sources I’d think you’d want to stick to other camera products and applications…
I’d like documentation and support. Just picking up any app and using it is risky. Yes, Wyze might be riskier but I have artificial confidence they will do the right thing due to their investment in IoT. If there’s tiny docs stating their interfaces are hardened and tested that goes a long way. The camera should really only have 1 stream. Its a critical edge resource. Ive got RPIs sitting around that can handle more streams.
Im not trying to show video on a tv, but on an RGB matrix driven by a linux. If tinycam connects and then has a webpage openly showing the video, i can pass that through the internet to my linux RGB matrix display.
If tinycam just displays on a firetv that is not useful to me.
I understand; I was wary myself but have learned to trust TinyCam. In fact its developer was later hired by Wyze! He also continues to run his own business independently apparently.
Again, TinyCam has its own web server (on your Android device) and compatibility layer to provide external streams if desired (emulating an Axis camera I think).
This is where I am stuck, I finally was able to login to Acoount. It automatically loaded 1 camera. But from here I have tried multiple times how to get to a new screen adding more cameras. I do not see these “3-Dots” you say is somewhere. Everytime I click on the Tiny Cam App it takes me right to my only cam (1). I tried “edit” and all that did is change Cam1 to my edit “Wyze Cam”.
I do not see anywhere where I was in the very beginning where I did see the actual Wyze Screen where I did see you can add cams. But ever since I finally was able to “Link” to Wyze account, this screen to add is nowhere to find. Where am I going wrong.? I cant even to anywhere about anywhere that says “add cameras” Maybe I can try adding to another camera app that isnt tiny pro and see if this helps