I'm back and so are the Birds, Grackle at feeding station

Welcome back, Ann. :slight_smile:

That’s a nice grackle.

“Like”?

And, like, we started it.

Whoops. Maybe not.

Thanks. Haha, I just uploaded a new one of a Grackle. They’re so pretty. But I’ll have to go out there again and readjust the moss. We’ve got a lot of rain and wind today.

1 Like

Interesting. I get bothered when people say “ugh” all the time.

1 Like

Getting back to Ann’s topic, bird feeders. :upside_down_face:

I’ve had this window feeder set up for a couple of winters now. The vast majority of visitors are house finches and sparrows. Yesterday I had a cardinal visit it for the first time that I have noticed. (I hope the video plays.)

3 Likes

Nice. I have one exactly like that. I used it last year, but it wouldn’t stay suctioned to the window and fell down several times. Funny, I just got an email from my sister showing me the kind that come inside the window and I told her about this very one 5 min ago.

I’ve seen those inside the house feeders. But, they cost $200 and the feeder I got cost $20 and has never fallen off and it has been up since February of last year… If the inside one were less than $100, I might get one. But there are 2 things holding me back. First, I only have a single window NOT in a bedroom that it could be mounted in. Second, I wouldn’t want to leave it up in the winter time. It doesn’t look real weather tight to me. And in Wisconsin winters, that’s important.

I agree. The one I saw needed to be secured on the sides with those side things you use for a/c’s (which is what I have with my little window a/c that cools my entire house). And for the winter months I had to tape up all the holes and cover it all with insulation. Either way, with the outside window mount one and my feeding table, I’d still have to go outside to refill them.

I’m a big fan of the moss. I don’t care if (as some say) it’s impractical. It adds a lot to the pix. :grin:

Thanks. I am too. I thought it would give it an “on the ground” kind of feel. And some people did think it was on the ground.