I'm a bit confused 🤔

When I had first gotten both my wyze cams, I was able to go back I think six days through my app and watch the playback, But recently I’ve noticed it will only let me watch playback of that day.
That was one thing I loved about these! “I am a mother of a preteen and a 16 year old daughters, two pit bulls, three cats and a 5 year old umbrella Cockatoo. The wyze cameras are my eyes when I’m not here” oh trust me I am so thankful for these things, I’ve caught the kids (and the dogs) getting into some trouble and have proof. I LOVE IT!! Oh please tell me it’s fixable.
If it helps answer my question, I haven’t messed with any of my settings since I set them up in the first place, and I do have an SD card in both but I don’t want to have to take them out and use my Chromebook to look and view the playback if I don’t have to.

I’d suggest restarting the cameras
** Open Wyze app → select camera → Settings (gear icon upper right) → Restart (bottom of screen)

One other thing that might be helpful… if using Android phone
** Settings → Apps → Wyze app → Force Stop, … then select Storage → Clear Cache (this might be different if using iPhone)

1 Like

If you’re trying to view playback (SD card recordings) vs Events (cloud recordings) and it seems like your total recording timespan has been shortened, your SD card may be going bad. I’d try to reformat the card, although you will lose whatever data is already recorded when you do this. Select a camera and view the Live Stream > tap the gear icon in the upper right > Advanced Settings > Local Storage > Format SD Card. Or better yet, pull the card and do a low-level format (not Quick Format) on a PC.

2 Likes

Sorry very simple suggestion here but are you making sure that you’re selecting the day at the top? I’m sure you are but it’s just some people have missed that.

1 Like

You may want to check your SD card in each camera. While they are supposed to overwrite old files, sometimes a file might get locked for some reason and that file can’t be overwritten. If that happens once a day, before you know it your SD card is filled up and cannot hold as much as it used to. Try pulling your SD card and putting it into your PC/laptop, download all the files then wipe the SD card completely and put it back in. BTW - a 16yr old just might know how to pull an SD card and erase some things… so be aware of that.

1 Like

Some people including me have had this problem with cloud clips
A work around is to, tap on filter and check the camera you wish to view, in the past I have been able to view old clips that are on the cloud doing this.

Please don’t attempt to format any cards in the cam, Go to PC to format as you also suggested.

I format in the camera on all five of mine and have had zero issues

1 Like

I have never had to take any cards out to format them , I’ve always formatted them in the Camera

2 Likes

I appreciate yall’s suggestions and comments on helping me figure this out. It is such a huge help and relief to know the support from the community page is here to help solve and answer questions.
I am going to try a few of y’all’s suggestions andet ya know what I figured out.
Thanks again everyone.

2 Likes

I’ve had no issues with the CamV2 formatting the cards. With that being said, it never seems to work with the PanCam. All three of my PanCams have issues with the format feature.

1 Like

I have V1’s, V2’s and PanCams.

The only cam that almost succeeded in what it promised was the V2’s.

And that is the only cam that will successfully format a card, the others bricked my high end 32GB cards… even cards from WYZE.

At least WYZE sent me 2 more free 32GB “WYZE” cards to make up for the ones they bricked.

Nick

1 Like