IFTTT triggers not turning on notifications

Hey guys and gals happy weekend to you all… I haven’t been on very much as of late because of my scheduling with work so my apologies.
Nvwlmnw has
OK so today I was in advertently looking for some kind of solution to my IFTTT triggers not turning on the notifications when I passed my Geo fence I thought maybe there was a shortcut that might be over writing it I’m just not sure I still can’t figure it out and it really bugs me because I don’t get notifications when I’m away from my cameras anymore and that is a really big concern of mine. I rely heavily on these cameras to tell me what’s going on inside my house when I’m not there if it’s a small as a dog getting sick or as big as somebody breaking in I would watch my cameras pretty frequently throughout the day

There have been some known issue with IFTTT not working properly, but I believe they were supposed to have been fixed lately. Searching #ask-the-community for “IFTTT” should find you the current status.

Also, if you are using IFTTT to turn on individual camera notifications only, it’s possible your global notification switch got inadvertently turned off. If this is the case, you would not get any notifications even though each camera notification switch is ON. Here’s a review of notification settings:

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

I can always count on you Loki to have a response! Thank you! You truly are at least for me a figure of Wyze! I don’t know how to describe it other than that! So thanks @Loki for all your time and energy you put into this!

1 Like

So is the IFTTT triggers still acting up for some?

Take a look here: https://ifttt.com/activity

This is one of the main selling points of the device. It is clear that after six months Wyze has no interest in taking care of this issue or even providing an update.

I suggest, we all get in to Amazon Wyze product page and leave the reviews there. Once enough negative reviews show up they will understand they need to pay attention to feedback. here is the link Amazon.com

Yes. Ifttt notifications on Android 7, 8, 9, and 10 seem to work only when the screen is on. I have disabled the adaptive battery, the adaptive notifications, the battery optimization for ifttt - still nothing. Screen must be on, or else I get all the notifications AFTER I have picked up the phone and turned on the screen.

Android 5 and 6? Work perfectly. :rage: