I have cam plus, why are the clips only lasting 30 secs max?

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @dave.langer!

With CamPlus you should be getting full length event videos up to 5 minutes, provided your cam recognizes the motion and has a good WiFi signal.

You can adjust the sensitivity up so that it activates on less motion and keeps recording. Also check to see how many bars of signal are showing in the device info.

Yeah its not lasting 5 minutes, and you can tell it recognizes the motion because right after that clip stops, it will pick it up again and start to record. So for example instead of a 5 minute video, I would get 10 20-30 second videos.

3 Likes

Yup same here, every video I have, it freezes for a few seconds like 8 seconds into the video.
Then it skips ahead like 2 seconds later. Maybe this is why its not recording the full 5 minutes because of this stutter/freezing. It happens on all my cams, and I have 4

1 Like

Please.post your firmware version, app version and OS version.

firmware 4.36.10.2864
app version dont see it on IOS, but its the current one since its not pushing for an update.
IOS 16.0

Ok. So the bad news… That firmware version has been halted while Wyze investigates “Event Recording Issues”

From your description, I would say that you have “Event Recording Issues”.

The only remedy I can suggest that might help is to:

• Unassign Cam from CamPlus
  • Clear App Cache
  • Sign Out of App
  • Force Close App
  • Full power cycle on the cam (unplug)
  • Restart Phone
  • Sign into App
  • Reassign Cam to CamPlus
  • Test

Beyond that, you can try to flash firmware back to a previous version.

Has there been any update to this. I tried support who sent to advanced support, and they never got back to me. Mines with the V3 pro and V3 standard. Although sometimes it does what others mentioned, taking multiple short clips in succession; it also does one 15 seconds clip and does not always do more, for example, of a person walking by the driveway, and that clip is when they’re far away, but no clips at all when closer to cameras and identifiable. It likely takes them 50 seconds to completely walk out of frame, so it’s really annoying to not get full clips or clips at all of the people being close to the camera.

2 Likes

I just took a look at my V3Pro (FW 4.58.0.3210, Sensitivity 100, DZ Off, PD only) and 2 V3 cams (both 4.36.10.3406, Sensitivity 75, DZ Off, PD only).

I was doing periodic work in front of them for several hours today, some with extended movement for multiple minutes.

The longest video I captured of the 100+ events was 49s on the V3Pro and 50s on the V3’s. The majority of the events were between 20 and 35 seconds. Most videos were back to back continuation videos of one event broken into smaller events.

It appears the days of 5 minute upload full length videos are over. I would be curious to learn if this is the result of the new Edge AI introduced in the firmware or if it is a server side change to maintain short videos for the bot to interrogate to improve notification latency and server bot load.

3 Likes

I’m realizing it’s worse than that. My pro is the driveway and other are regular V3, and the pro isn’t even registering events half the time, so it may have to do with the new integrated ai, at least for the pro. I’ll get my notification of a person at the door V3 from a delivery, but no notification or event saved from the V3 pro at the driveway they parked in or walked up and down, and both vehicle and person are set as triggers.

I have 7 cams, and have the same short video clip issue on all but one, With one working how it used to, it’s not that the service can’t do it anymore. All have current firmware. SD cards are in all of them, so I can confirm the camera was working and recording to SD during these untriggered non-cloud recorded events.

Additionally, this started for me around the time I got cams plus unlimited instead of the individual camera plans, and although a troubleshooting step is to remove cams plus and add the camera back, there is no option to remove a camera from the subscription once on unlimited. I have reset the camera and removed the old and readded to my account to force that to happen, but it didn’t help.

I also have a pro overlapping the same area as my two V3 I tested with.

I have 16 cams on unlimited. However, it is difficult for me to judge if the videos are being shortened without physical testing because they are all security cams placed in areas of low traffic and restricted by DZs where people should not be. It is rare that I get notifications for these cams.

I have noticed that the Pro has a personality of it’s own. That is why I have it at a higher sensitivity. I also use it only for PD and it alerts as appropriate with my V3’s.

I will also say that Wyze cams are all about good real estate… Location, Location, Location.

Where you mount the cam to set up the best cross field movement is important. Approaching and departing fields do not help the AI. The field angle is also important. Just like in photography, Cam origin for the field of view is more than half the battle.

If you are using the most up to date 2.38 app, in the Services page, click the “add cams” at the bottom of the subscription (it should say “edit cams”).

There you can uncheck cams to pull them off the license and check them to add them in.

1 Like

Thanks. That “use add camera” to remove a camera, wasn’t all that intuitive. Lol. Good tip. I ended up resetting the pro yet again since the person detection wasn’t working it was stopping other rules. Location is ideal for that one, just hasn’t worked as well as the V3 it replaced.

Not when the Fog comes to visit.

It certainly is hopeful to see that someone is still getting them! :+1::wink:

Has this been resolved? I am getting multiple 12 or 15 sec clips for one event. Very annoying max legth is set to 5 mins. I’ll get 8 clips ranging in size from 6s to 15s. Very annoying.

1 Like

Same

It has not been resolved. Most of my AI events are in the 20 to 26 second range though I do also have a lot of the 12 to 17 second ones.

But, I also have some that are well over a minute long. :man_shrugging:

I believe the motion sensitivity has some bearing on the amount of motion necessary to maintain an active event upload.

It has been speculated that the amount of time the cam waits when motion stops… waiting for motion to continue to see if there is more, or the relative motion sensitivity required to continue uploading events, was altered by Wyze some time in the past in an effort to reduce the length of uploads and the size of uploaded files. Both would reduce bandwith and server space usage.

1 Like

Thanks for this update. Makes sense.

2 Likes

I did a firmware update today to 4.36.10.4054 and it looks like I’m getting longer videos on my V3.

1 Like

Same here this has never been fixed.
Its annoying to pay for cam plus and only getting 25-30 second videos when someone is clearly moving around in the frame

I think I see the issue. there has been someone sitting outside my house for 30 minutes now, moving around, and the camera isn’t even detecting them all the time, when it clearly a person and clearly moving. I have the sensitivity set to 100% and it doesn’t even register the person.

2 Likes

I am trying to monitor the litter room of my cats to find out who’s sick, but the videos stop at 18-20 seconds… pff.