I have a new router and my camera won't connect to my android phone

I have a new router from a different company and I don’t know how to re-program my camera so I can see it with my android phone.

You should reprogram the router to match the network name (SSID) and password of the previous router. Then all your devices will instantly work. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

If you don’t or can’t reorogram your router, just follow along the “add a device” prompts in the Wyze app, it tells and shows each step. No need to delete the previous camera device before, just add it again.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze community @knzwiebel!

If your new router has 2.4GHz and 5Ghz WiFi networks, make sure to connect Wyze products only to the 2.4GHz network as they don’t support 5Ghz networks. Also, make sure to change only the 2.4GHz network’s SSID to the same as the previous router(if you’re going this route).

That doesn’t make sense. If they change the SSID they can change it for both the 2.4 and the 5ghz as the Camera won’t even see the 5Ghz network because it does not possess the ability to use the 5Ghz spectrum but all of their 5Ghz devives will and they’ll reconnect.

Although products don’t support 5Ghz networks, occasionally they’ll have issues if a 5Ghz-only network is named with the same SSID.

2 Likes