I can’t add sensor to my system wyse-sense

Preformatted textHi , I noticed that the door and motion sensor wyze-sense not work anymore, so I buy new batteries but still not work so I remove the sensor from my system on the app then I tried to add them but not work…
I will explain what I did . I unplug and plug back the camera, after few minutes the 2 lights are on solid blue on camera and bridge , so I click on add device on app and then sensors and motion sensor, then the camera said that bridge is ready to be conected and the light on bridge blinking on blue color, I put the pin on motion sensor and hold it until the red light on it blinking 3 times then I release it, nothing happens and the camera say the connection is time out, I tried with 2 cameras switching the bridge and nothing happens, batteries on sensor are new , I tried with 2 door sensor and motion sensor, I can’t add any sensor to my system now, still waiting for the solution from support…
Firmware are all updated. Bridge version 0.0.0.33 , cameras version 4.9.8.501 cam v2

One of two possible issues. If you’ve tried multiple sensors, the bridge is bad. If only one sensor, it might be the sensor. You can try to power down the camera, remove the bridge, power up the camera, reinstall the bridge and then try to add the sensor. If none of that works you are probably out of luck because the sensors and bridge are out of warranty and no longer sold by Wyze. They will recommend the Home Monitoring Service and related hub and sensors.

I have noticed similar issue as well after replacing the batteries in my sensors. One sensor function as it suppose to, another sensor does not communicate with bridge just like yours, I also tried remove and add the sensor back but the bridge and the sensor do not pair (no communication)