How to set up camera/account for another person

Hi, everyone. I’m hoping some of you can help me.

I have many Wyze cameras, lights, and sensors in my home. I suggested to our neighbors that they install a Wyze camera, so they ordered one today. However, they are in Mexico for 9 months and asked me to set it up for them.

How do I do that? Do I create a new Wyze account for him, sign out of my Wyze iPhone app, then sign in using his account info to set up the camera? If so, then once I get it set up, can he then log in to the Wyze app on his Android and see the camera view?

Thanks for your help!

David

1 Like

Yup, that’s how I would do it. Either that or just use another device that doesn’t currently have the Wyze app on it like a tablet or another phone, install the app, sign up using their email address, and set up the camera.
Once you do that, just have them install the app on their phone in Mexico and log in using their email address and whatever password you set for them. They should then be able to see and control the camera and any other Wyze devices you set up on that account for them.

1 Like

Hi, raym64. Thanks very much for your help. If I do it the way you suggest (using a different iPhone that doesn’t currently have the Wyze app installed and using their email address), will they need to send me a verification code or anything that’s emailed to them? If so, it’s ok, but I’ll need to notify them in advance so they can text it.

1 Like

It’s been so long since I first signed up for a Wyze account, I honestly don’t remember if the email needs to be verified when first signing up, someone else may need to answer that. Two factor authentication does need a code, but two factor is optional and you don’t need to enable that. They can always change the password and enable two-factor if they want to later.

1 Like

Thanks again, raym64 :smiley:

1 Like