How does "Dont ask me again" work?

everytime I open a camera I get the #&% update firmware message. they are currently working and I DO NOT want the upgrade- especially with the bad firmware track record. There is a “dont ask me again” check box - then to close the window you have to cancel or hit upgrade now… I cancel since I dont want the upgrade, but of course the next time I open that camera same message so the “Dont ask” doesnt work Or am I using it wrong?

It doesn’t work. (Imagine my surprise)

2 Likes

Correct.

It doesn’t.

It’s theater.

1 Like

Don’t know. I am a beta tester and update every one of my cameras with essentially every beta release that come out. Wild guess is that I have done at least 1,000 firmware updates and have had EXACTLY ONE update that bricked a camera - and that was ultimately recovered with a uSD card firmware update.

2 Likes

I was more referring to the fiasco with the plugs recently, ( most have recovered now over 4 months later and it was never really acknowledged, but I do have 1 that bricked) and also a while back the cameras did have an issue also. Therefore I want to stick with “if it ain’t broken don’t fix it”

Also 1000 firmware updates even if it’s on 50 cameras is a huge statement that something is wrong… most equipment i service may get 3 or 4 firmware updates over 7 or 8 years…

1 Like

I have 34 cameras (the first two just passed 4 years old) and as a beta tester, sometimes we’ll get beta updates every few days - seldom more than a month between beta updates. Wyze production firmware releases are far less common of course, but us beta testers at times get a lot of them. You’re welcome BTW…

1 Like

Thanks, BTW your welcome also…

1 Like

It is an annoyance I have accepted… When it’s an option.

The T-stat update that came out today doesn’t have that option. I am quarantined from app access to the T-stat app settings unless I drink the KoolAid and update. :rage:

Yup I had the same thing. And they also hold plug scheduling hostage to unless you do the forced update. I’m still waiting for the “April app update” that will fix the hold issue on IOS that they have known about for months…

1 Like

You can often dodge that sort of thing? GMail and the like throw up warnings and you can just reload the page to get to your inbox without answering. Obviously not the same though.