How do I share Home Monitoring?

I can easily share devices like cameras and door sensors but I am having trouble sharing my Home Monitoring interface. I want to be able to share my home monitoring tab so others can have the same functionality as I have on my app. Do they have to log in using my credentials?

17 Likes

This feature is still not available yet and I totally forgot so at the moment only our main accounts have access, I haven’t tried having my wife log in with my credentials but I hope that’s a loop hole until they get it situated.

1 Like

I did have my wife sign in with my credentials and she has full access now until they make that feature available.

1 Like

Welcome to the Wyze community @chrismeece!
According to Wyze, Home monitoring is not currently a shareable service.
Wyze plans to support role-based Home Monitoring sharing in the future.

For now, you can share access to your cameras with people you trust in the Wyze app.

1 Like

This needs to be shareable. My husband leaves at 6 am and we have 3 teenagers that have their own work schedules. This makes no sense that they can’t log in unless it’s with my account.

11 Likes

This feature request needs priority. My spouse should be able to access the home monitoring control via the app just like the cameras.
Thank you

7 Likes

I agree, can we get this feature moved up in priority?

6 Likes

We set ours up last night and had this same conversation since we have varying schedules and I travel occasionally for work.

3 Likes

My first time posting. My family also needs shared access to arm and disarm the home monitoring. I’m now getting the scolded by my wife because I didn’t know this wasn’t available when we dumped our old Vivint system.

3 Likes

I agree completely. There are 4 of us at the same home. All have schedules that change throughout the week, thus we leave and return at different times.

So, we all have to share the same Wyze account.

The really weird thing is that if Home Monitoring is armed by one of us on their phone, none of the others can tell if it’s armed when they return home. The iPhone app just says whatever was previously shown on the app on that specific iPhone. That really makes it confusing. Is it armed or not when we come home? The work around is to arm the monitor regardless of what the app says, and then to disarm the monitor.

It’s hard to imagine how Wyze missed this! Surely most people have multi-member homes.

2 Likes

Meanwhile… everybody at the house should know the disarming pin for the keypad and use it on delayed entry

1 Like

Heard any updates on this? I find it odd that they allow sharing of each individual sensor, but not the monitoring. I didn’t realize this when purchasing it. Overall the setup was easy and it seems to work well, but the lack of support for more than 1 user is strange.

3 Likes

How is this not a top priority feature? Surely yet another vacuum could wait a couple of weeks to prioritize this?

1 Like

I believe some timeline here can help to reduce the customer frustration.

Just so you know we faced 2 false alarms = 2 crazy wake ups just because lack of this feature and unintutive experience it forces. Please consider adding this.

Remember, we joined Wyze community to enjoy new experiences together not to suffer together.

1 Like

I would like to upvote this. Having multiple people in one home with their own account have access to home monitoring would be ideal.

3 Likes

This really needs prioritization. It’s a basic feature that was left out.

1 Like

Where are we with this feature update. Why was this product pushed out without the basics of a modern security system? No door chime, no sharing. It seems that you guys are rolling out every product that you can think of without completing product testing and updating the features. These basic features need priority.

3 Likes

Looking forward to sharing home monitoring access. Keypad is okay, but would much rather create users with their own responsibilities. Any updates on this?

1 Like

@WyzeJimmy When can we expect to see this? Not having this is limiting our ability to use shared devices like the scale.

2 Likes

I’ll be so glad when what is such a basic feature becomes available to home monitoring. I’m not sure why this is such a monumentous task. While you are at it that door chime that finally got released needs a revision. They picked the worse sound that they could find.