Home Assistant Integration

Exciting news from WyzeFrederik

Basically, he’s confirmed that Wyze has joined the new Opensource “Matter” Alliance (previously known as CHiP), which All the major platforms have committed to support. This basically means that in a year or so Wyze should be accessible by Home Assistant and almost all the other major IOT platforms we could want.

I think that’s why we haven’t heard anything about API’s lately or Home Assistant Specifically. It would be insane to waste time on compliance for individual platforms and such when being Matter compliant will instantly make all their devices accessible by every platform, including Home Assistant. And since it’s all open source, the possibilities seem nearly limitless! I no longer have to consider leaving Wyze to find a Home Assistant compatible device. It seems it won’t be ready until at least sometime in 2022, but at least there is finally hope. Now all we have to do is wait for the Matter standard to mature and we’re good to go.

Exciting news, just sucks to have to wait until next year, but at least we finally have some cool related news.

EDIT: He added some clarification for me.

1 Like