Connect to Siri

Sorry I want to be very precise. We have joined the alliance and therefore are seeing the benefit BUT we have not committed to make a device compatible YET. There are a lot of milestones that we have to go through before we can fully commit to it and announce a product.

Now, if you allow me to speak under my name and not as a Wyze employee, I truly believe that Matter is going to happen and will not be just another protocol. I believe that Wyze will have no choice but to adopt it due to market pressure.
My work right now is to make sure that we have a clean and clear path to get there so that we can continue to maintain the price component, retain the agility and enable all the goodness of Matter.
There are a literal TON of changes that are required to get there from the hardware to the cloud and the app and this needs to be seriously planned and staffed. We have already a full schedule to 2021 as you have seen with the launches so far so it’s going to be a very tight balancing act to influence and impact the schedule to sprinkle some Matter magic into the products. Not impossible but Wyze will have to be very opportunistic and agile to get there.
Side note: one event coming to get more details about Matter is: Project CHIP is Matter: Now What? - Silicon Labs .

4 Likes