Has anybody had their cam turn on by itself?

We were out tonight but forgot to turn on our cameras. We have three of them. When we got home we found out that one of our cameras had turned itself on while we were out. How is that possible?

Is this a glitch that anyone else has experienced?

2 Likes

What cams were they?

These things are always on, unless you power them down, or do the soft off, but, the soft off doesn’t always work as expected.

We have the V2 cam, three of them.

We always keep them plugged in, and we only turn them on when we either go to bed or leave the house.

We always turn them on and off via the phone app, just by clicking “turn on” and “turn off”.

I always double check that they’re on or off by seeing if the pictures are on or if they’re greyed out, and then I do an extra check by logging out of the app and logging back on because sometimes it’s lagging and doesn’t seem like it took when it actually did. So I know they were off because of that.

We were home up until we went out to dinner. We left the house at about 7:28 pm. The kitchen cam turned itself on at 7:55 pm. We came back at 9:31 pm. And of course how we found out it was on was that we got a notification of it recording us coming in the house.

1 Like

I have had my pancam Turn on By itself 4 times

Ok, so it’s not just me then. Does anyone know if the Wyze Cam folks are aware of this and are working on fixing it?

2 Likes

I assumed it was already fixed because mine has not done that in a long time.
None of my 6 v two’s have ever done that

This forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you contact Wyze Support for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them that it’s already resolved.

I’m having the same issue. It’s always the one in our living room. Is someone hacking it?

1 Like

Hard to know if someone is hacking it without the logs from Wyze. I am having the same problem. I am handicapped and the cam in my bedroom is necessary. However when we set it to soft off, we are having it turn on a few times a day.

My post is 6 months later than yours. I will post a bug and point them to this thread.

Power interruption will result in the camera coming back on when re-powered. Is it possible that the power is cycling off momentarily?

It hasn’t happened to me again.

3 Likes

Last time it happened to me was about 6 months ago

It happens a lot to me, apparently it’s a power issue - either the main power the cam receives is inconsistent or the charger/charging cable is defective.

1 Like

This just happened to me for the first time, and the camera’s just a little over a month old.
It was off last night, but then came on early am with a motion(there was nothing there) and sound(clicking) event. Strange.

It’s still happening to me. All. The. Time. One of the reasons I am finally giving up on these cams, I am every disappointed.

Been there, done that, not solved.

I worked with support on this, their take was that it could be a problem with the charger so I replaced it but it made no difference.

1 Like

I changed my usb charger also. It was still turned on by itself every time after I turned it off.

It is either due to software issue or hardware issue. I think Wyze should step in to solve this issue.

The way to get Wyze involved in solving this issue is to submit a Support Request

1 Like

Same thing been happening to us on our indoor camera I said it to off I get up in the morning to get ready for work and the infrared lights are on yet the cameras not turned on on the app and that keeps happening. I have two factor authentication set up so I don’t believe it’s a hack