Google Home/Assistant Integration

Thanks. So Mid April it is. I can wait =)

If everything goes well during the certification but so far so good.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t wish anything to take your job away, but Facebook can drop off the web for good. It has become nothing but a newer version of Myspace and Craigslist as it’s partents! But thank you for what you do Gwendolyn.

2 Likes

No worries! I understand the spirit in which your comment was made. Just figured I’d pop in for fun once I was called out. :wink:

Other platforms are becoming more popular but Facebook still has the largest user base for now. I’m looking forward to seeing how things change in the future. You’re correct that younger people are trending toward using different primary platforms but Facebook still has overlap with many people.

1 Like

I sure hope this feature is rolling out to Canada at the same time as USA…

Not sure of the extent of what “no sound” means. Will sound from the Wyze cameras not be active or does this have some effect on the Google Home device?

Also will Sense be supported in the initial release? If not when I install Sense what impact could this have?

Like others here have stated I too appreciate the honest communication you deliver. A unique trait in today’s world.

Means you will have video but no sound from Wyze camera in a Google Home display.

2 Likes

I deleted Facebook 8 years ago. Yes 8. I started with Facebook in 2007 and in 2010 almost caused my divorce…

1 Like

Will the Google Home / Chromecast / Assistant integration be released everywhere? In Europe? (And not just the US?)
Thanks!

Have you tried resyncing your devices ?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wyze Google Home Integration Beta Test3

for security cameras sound is not that important since you already got the sound recorded on the SD-Card already …
i would consider the ability to send notifications of motion detection to google more important to have live sound,
even with other brands the sound is limited to push and talk kind of things to bypass these issues.

I actually like the idea of sound. I am eventually planning to use this as a pseudo baby/kid monitor.

I just bought some Wyze cams and am ready for the Google home hub integration. :grinning::grinning::grinning: If you need a test dummy? I’ll be that!

1 Like

Is this situation in the Waze app or a Chromecast setup on a TV?

It’s a situation specifically related to google casting. Early postings indicated it was a temporary solution to get google home compatibility out to us.

Can’t you just copy what Tp-link does, and make it better?:man_shrugging:

I’m so excited, that I just can’t hide it. I’m about to lose control, and I think I like it.

No, fer reals, I am. I just got my Gen3 August Doorbell and it works with the Googles, so I was coming here to needle the developers. But alas, I found a very encouraging report and decided to sing a song instead.

So, I’m pretty sure if you guys would have made me a beta tester… It’d prolly be all working by now… Just sayin’… Me and Google go way back, and I coulda called in some favors… Next time maybe… :grin::grin::grin::grin::smirk::smirk:

I had notice the same thing with loss of Google Assistant stream. I removed the link to Wyze and readded and all is working again. I wish there was a quicker way to add all of the cameras back into the home with proper rooms though.