Glare spots at night

My V2 cameras have a weird glare on them at night vision. I have the amazon little bird house covers for outside (anyone use them?) I’m not sure if that is my problem or do they just have a glare from being out side. I’ve tried committing on wyze fb page but can never get an answer so thought I’d try here

It might be glare from other sources. I use this one and do not have glare

https://www.amazon.ca/Bracket-Protective-Adjustable-Anti-Sun-Protection/dp/B07G7Y733F/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=wyze&qid=1552142803&s=gateway&sr=8-8

If you are able to, disconnect your camera from the mount and try in a more controlled environment. I use a portable battery pack (used for charging phones/tablets) and my garage to test IR.

1 Like

The glare may be coming from the white edges of the cover. I bought the black version because of that issue.

That is what I’m thinking also. I was thinking of taking them down and painting them black

This is what I’m getting on all 3 I have

Other members have painted theirs black as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As Dread mentioned, try painting it black.

1 Like

Amazing what alittle black paint will do!!! Thanks for the help guys going do the other 2 tomorrow

3 Likes

IR is very picky.

1 Like

Glad to assist! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I switched my order to black housings based on your post in another thread.

1 Like

I just pulled down my other 2 housings and are painted and drying right now

2 Likes

FYI, I just had this issue. It went away after I cleaned the lens with some sunglass hut lens cleaner and a micro fiber towel. I’m pretty sure these are water spots on the lens after having been rained on…

1 Like

There must be something going on beyond watermarks. Here is what I am getting with my carport camera daytime vs nighttime. Can’t get rid of the white spot and it keeps triggering events every few minutes overnight.

Following this is interesting and I might have the same issue