Garage Door Controller QR code callibration issues

Im using the latest firmware for both the v3 and garage controller.

Thanks for the response. My Learn button is purple.

I want to chime in on this thread. Having the same issues as above. I went through most of the calibration steps, but upon door close, the door does not close. The camera chimes, the light flashes, and I hear the click from the controller attempting to short the wire. I have a Craftsman opener with a purple switch.

From my past experiences with other controllers (I had a Meross WiFi controller before I installed the Wyze). With the Meross software, I had an option for a “short press” or “long press” in the app. If I had the short press enabled, the controller would function exactly 1 time. However, every time I would pull the wires out of the door opener, and reconnect them, the door would do 1 thing (open or close the door depending on position of the door), then nothing after that. I changed to the long press option in the Meross app, and that fixed my issues completely, and reliably. I would be wiling to bet that to those of you having issues, pull the wires out, put them back in; the door will cycle once, then stop again. Rinse repeat, you’ll get the same results every time.

What I think is happening to those of us with this issue @WyzeHongfei :
The circuit is not closed long enough to cycle the switch on the door opener. It works once, but never again until you pull the wires and reseat them. I know on the Meross and having the long press enabled, I could count 1 second that I could tell the wires were keeping the circuit closed (it would click and click again). I think an option for the Wyze controller to keep the circuit active for at least 1 second would do the trick. I am guessing there’s a timeout function in your code somewhere? Just increase that to 1 second, roll out the firmware and the issues will go away.

2 Likes

That makes sense, you could even do a system where during setup it would pulse quickly, ask you if it opened or whatever, if you say no pulse longer, And so on.

I like this line of thinking. It makes logical sense.

@WyzeHongfei - If you develop a beta firmware update to give this a try please let us know. I would be willing to give it a try.

Hi, I also have the Chamberlain Whisper Drive Plus and I am having the same issues as the others on this thread.

Hi pruitts, thank you so much for your offering. We just developed a firmware version that we adjusted the ‘press’ time, if you would like to try, please DM your Wyze app account to me, so I can whitelist your account so you can receive the special controller firmware. Thank you so much for your help!

2 Likes

Thank you kirnkorner20021! We just developed a firmware version that we adjusted the ‘press’ time, if you would like to try, please DM your Wyze app account to me, so I can whitelist your account so you can receive the special controller firmware. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Hi m_devore. We just developed a firmware version that we adjusted the ‘press’ time, if you would like to try, please DM your Wyze app account to me, so I can whitelist your account so you can receive the special controller firmware. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Can I be part of the test as well?

Yes, please DM your Wyze app account to me

I hate to even ask this but how do I do that? lol

Press my avatar, and click MESSAGE

@kirnkorner2001 let me know if the new beta firmware fixes the issue or not. Thank you so much for your support!

hi Hong Fei, i’ve been trying to send you a DM about getting the beta firmware fixes but have not been able to find the message icon in your avatar. any help to get the beta firmware would be appreciated.

I will ask the Mods to promote you, unless @WyzeHongfei knows how to do that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got it. :+1:

Increased forum trust level for aprilecurtin and LBX713.

3 Likes

Thanks @Newshound!

1 Like

Just sent you a DM, you can reply me in that DM

3 Likes

My initial tests so far are very positive. I did 2 successful open and close of the door with the Wyze controller. As long as this trend continues, I am happy with it.

Thank you all so much for fast responses and rewriting the firmware! That’s why I love my Wyze devices and community.

3 Likes