FTP Option?

Are there plans to have an ftp upload function? I have a camera from a different company in which I use this option.

1 Like

FTP is very low on the list of requested integrations, but I’ve added your vote on Wyze’s feature request tracker. On the other hand, RTSP is the top requested integration and is being considered. I have no idea when that might happen, but if it does, RTSP should allow you to stream video to local storage.

2 Likes

Add my vote for the ftp capabilities. I would like to have the ability to stream a weather cam to a website via ftp protocol. RTSP could be an alternative. Thanks.

3 Likes

This topic is now moved over here to the #wishlist category. You can now vote for it using the VOTE button at the top of the page.

1 Like

With MaxDrive canceled this is important.
If the camera (w/ tiny $5 SD Card) could be configured to FTP video’s when writing the file is complete,…

Most off the shelf NAS Drives can be FTP’d to, Cloud Services can have FTP configured, You can even install a FTP server on an old phone, tablet or laptop.

Currently (if 24/7 recording is desired) people are buying in for $20 and to get a reliable grade SD card with enough space for 7-14 days; spending another $20-$40 on top of that for a solution of $40-$60 per camera.

5-10 cameras and you are in the $400 - $600 range for a 24/7 monitoring solution.

With FTP like I’ve described the solution, the total cost would be $125 - $250

1 Like

I would like the cameras with an SD card to have an FTP server. But I don’t think they necessarily need to automatically send any files. I can have a script on my computer automatically pull files on a regular basis. There are file sync programs that will do this for you.

Saw this on “the” reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/wyzecam/comments/c3msvg/really_big_sd_card/).

No specific info was given (hardware or software) as to how the individual used an NFS share to connect as an “sd card.”

And, as I’m not all that technical, I have no idea what any of that really means or if it’s even relevant.

I would also like FTP storage My PR4100 will not accept RTSP, but will support FTP protocol.

3 Likes

12 seconds and 5 minutes time-lapse is not enough when we, the users, need more
I know the company is doing business, so asking for longer videos and shorter time-lapse is not considerable.
Many of users have their own FTP servers, like me. We don’t need to pay for the Wyze cloud subscription and use our own FTP server to backup videos from the camera. We want the camera support this function for FTP upload (motion videos or full videos) to the FTP servers (as a bridge to upload the videos to our cloud storage such as Google Drive, Onedrive, etc) as other camera brands do. We see that there are hacks for Wyze camera that can do that function, but it’s not official firmware. We think it’s easy for Wyze to have that function and, we, the users can backup videos to the servers, at our own costs

1 Like

I would definitely preffer this over rstp to reduce video processing on my nas.

Everyone here should go vote for this higher voted alternative. It should be similar and easy for alot of devices as well. Direct access to SD card with download ability - #10 by adricm

Its the highest voted alternative that would work for us haha

Another vote for FTP.
Will be used for a weather station.

1 Like

One more vote for FTP functionality.

I’d love FTP file retrieval. A web app would suffice too though.

I don’t need a live stream from my camera and RTSP doesn’t work well (e.g. stream ends soon after starting). So, how about adding the capability for the camera to capture images (say every 5 minutes) and make those available for download (FTP??). Thanks for considering this add-on.

1 Like

Add my vote for an FTP option.

2 Likes

I still really want a FTP option!

Don’t be the company like “others” (Ring, Nest etc…). If the products main feature is video recording you should concentrate on all the possible options how a user could access, upload, download, stream , send or even edit the video file within your software while files are on the device.
It’s a very popular tactic now, having a customer purchase the actual product and then make him pay monthly subscription to actually use it… (and no, getting your SD card and uploading from PC doesn’t count).
There is bunch of free software such as ContaCam, you can turn any old computer, netbook, laptop into a fully functional security system, can even set up your own server for online streaming, motion detection etc. (I have 3 old webcams connected to ThinkPad X61T which I bought for $15).
Anyways, the company makes great products, but don’t forget to work on what users want / need. This FTP request is an extremely simple option to add…

• Another vote for FTP.
1 Like

It seems like in these times when you are unable to supply new cameras (February 2021, can’t get a v3), you might use some of your resources to do what you CAN. Such as give us FTP image upload. It wouldn’t be hard for you, and it’s something your customers want. Instead you are still running facebook ads to promote vaporware? Please shift and do something we want.

It would be really cool and nice to have the ability to convert the camera into a weather camera with FTP.

1 Like