Forum Operations Feedback Thread

Are you talking about carpentry skills or minor programming skills?

Very minor ‘programming’, yeah. Or copy/paste depending. Anyway, it can come in handy occasionally.

Carver deploys it manually here:

1 Like

I found a bug (or something) in Discourse. It makes two dots into three. Have to apply ‘Preformatted text’ to 'em to get two to display consecutively. Thought I’d chunked the gag but it was the system! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It sure does. It also turns any number of dots more than one into three. I would have to say that’s by design. But if you want to ask about it, you could hop over to meta.discourse.org and see what they say. It sure does make typing in Morse Code pretty difficult! :grin:

7 Likes

Nicely put. :slight_smile:

.--. . .- -.-. .

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Wyze Cam V3 availability in Canada

Suggestion on how to categorize this?

I kind of shotgunned it. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if anything like that is remotely feasible, but I can move it over to the #wishlist for consideration if you like.

1 Like

Nah, that’s ok, thanks. Thought it might be a simple ask. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wyze app 2.41 - 4/18/2023

A small thing, but you can mouse-drag across a block of text to select and then drag/drop the selected block to a different position in the post. :slight_smile:

drag/drop the selected block to a different position in the post. :slight_smile:

Thanks !! As simple as that is, I never noticed it was possible. (Of course, won’t matter, I will have forgotten what/how before lunch, lol). But really.

2 Likes

That’s so true! I’m always learning little shortcuts that I think “wow, that’s super helpful”, but immediately forget them and continue using the old method :rofl:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Garage Door Controller Widget

4 posts were split to a new topic: Innapropriate Wyze Marketing Email

Just FYI…

When embedding a Youtube video in a post:

Pasting the URL from ‘Copy video URL at current time’

https://youtu.be/DCYUClhHgkk?t=141

…used to work when pasted as text directly into a post. The video would be ‘cued-up’ to the specified time and play in the post.

Now, not so much - the video starts at the beginning:

Specifying a passage like this:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aum9MGj2MkM?start=249&end=308

also used to work embedded. No longer.

Cuing does still work - if you click the live links (as above) and view it on Youtube itself.

ref for any interested:

How to Start and End a Youtube video at a Specific time || Set Start and End Time

3 Likes

Interesting. Still works on meta. I’ll ask.

1 Like

Got an answer already. It’s a bug and the fix is already created. It will show up on our site on our next update.

6 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Event playback flickering

Using my mobile whenever i go to reply as soon as i tap in box it opens keyboard that covers everything i am typing and so i can’t see anything

Also on the greetings message you send, when i long press link it WILL NOT copy link and so I’m stuck and can’t complete the task