Floodlight seems to be super sensitive

Hi all. I’ve been pretty confused on some of these settings so maybe that’s part of my problem. That said, the two flood lights we had installed, seem to be super sensitive no matter what settings I use.
Attached are my settings for it.
Something seems to trigger it, and then it stays on. I figured it was the rain, so I turned off detect motion by camera and left PIR on. still triggers, then stays on. I then kept reducing the settings to near at 1%… still the same thing… then turned off two of the quadrants… Feels like no change at all.

Please help! lol… I hate that it stays on… worried the neighbors will eventually start complaining.

1 Like

Next time it rains , turn off the night vision IR lights

Please read this thread . Floodlight gets triggered by rain - #2 by SlabSlayer

1 Like

Also @WyzeDesmond

Any reason why when the floodlight is set to ONLY turn on when motions detected by the pir sensor and it rains the floodlight gets triggered on ?

I know , it’s because Wyze engineered the camera and the pir sensor together!!!

I’ve been saying this for months now , can you please ask why Wyze did this ?

Interesting. I didn’t think the IR lights were even on… I figured they were only on when you could visually see the dim red lights on the front. I turned them off this afternoon so I’ll see how tonight goes.

Something else that is baffling me… So “Motion is detected by camera” is unchecked, as noted in the screenshot, but this clip last night of the floods coming on, seems to show that it’s still on somehow?

1 Like

Could you please also show me the event recording setting in the camera itself? And could you please provide me with one device log? Thanks!

1 Like

Yup , it’s because the camera and the pir sensor are engineered together .

I also have my floodlights set to ONLY turn on when motions detected by the pir sensor yet cars headlights ALWAYS trigger my floodlight on . So annoying

One question , what’s your pir sensor sensitivity set to? Low or high…?

@WyzeDesmond

Can you please ask Wyze why they engineered the camera and the pir sensor together ?

I’ve been saying this for months , I even spoke to support back in December and they also confirmed to me that the pir sensor and the camera are engineered together .

Can we get some confirmation on this

Hopefully I did the log correctly.
log ID# 774427

1 Like

Thank you for the log. However it only starts 11/2 morning (previous has been overwritten). Any chance you could check tonight for any similar issues and submit a log right after you saw it. This we can make sure to locate the exact time the issue happens. Thank you so much!

1 Like

I could check them for that. Just out of curiosity, have you received the update notice for your V3 camera yet?

Since you have filter by PIR enables, that means it only records when PIR is detected. So it’s not using camera motion, it’s using PIR as intended.

However, there’s nothing in the video that I would think triggers the PIR.

Could you share your PIR sensor settings?

The

Correct .

@No_Smoking has set the camera to record an event when both the camera and the pir sensor detect motion

Which video are we referencing ? Theirs clearly a video that shows a passing cars headlights that triggered on the floodlight .

This is not whether how the camera or pir sensor is set to but rather showing users that the floodlight camera and the pir sensor are engineered together . Theirs no other way

In the first video he showed rain and how his floodlight was constantly getting triggered ON by the rain. Why?

@IEatBeans pleads read this comment.

This is the perfect explanation as to why the floodlight gets triggered on by camera detection even when the floodlights are set to only turn on when motions detected by the pir sensor

And then in another video a cars headlights triggered on the floodlight .

@No_Smoking has his floodlights set to ONLY turn on when motions detected by the pir sensor and the event recording set to record an event when the camera detects motion and the pir sensor detects motion as well

We can look at his and everyone else’s settings as long as we want but it’s clear that Wyze engineered the floodlight camera and the pir sensor together.

1 Like

Yes I’ll do that.

Yes the PIR settings should be in the first post.
If I’m looking at this correctly, of the 3 quadrants I have two disabled. One facing the street and one facing the parked cars… yet it still triggers from things in the street?

2 Likes

What’s the camera motion detection sensitivity set to ?

I have a theory that the floodlight camera and the pir sensor are engineered together .

I notice that when I have the floodlight camera motion detection sensitivity set high the pir sensor is coordinated with the camera motion detection sensitivity and becomes more sensitive

Try and reduce your camera motion detection sensitivity

So no rain last night, but the update seems to have fixed some things to a degree… maybe along with turning off the IR lights. The floods seem to trigger a lot less, but that could be because of no rain.

The update for sure did something because there was a separate issue that the cams were not giving notifications, and now they are. however, I have a deadzone set to block out the street, but cars passing in the street are still triggering recordings.

2 Likes

Can you upload an event of a car passing by ?

It’s most likely the cars headlights that are being picked up and the camera will record the event bc of the motion from the cars headlights .

Are you saying that you would prefer that the two products were engineered totally separately and then bastardized to try to make them work together?

How does that seem to be a good plan?

Yes

No

Bc currently even if you have the floodlight set to ONLY turn on when motions detected by the pir sensor , for some reason when the camera detects motion such as cars headlights , light changes , rain droplets , etc the camera since it’s engineered together with the floodlight triggers it on bc of the movement

Its pretty clear that Wyze engineered both the camera and the pir sensor on the device TOGETHER. Theirs no other way around it and one I don’t have a reason for…

Why is it that I and @No_Smoking and countless other users experience an issue with the floodlight getting triggered on by an event captured by the camera when the floodlights set to only turn on when motions detected by the pir sensor ?

2 Likes

here is a recorded event. didn’t trigger the floodlights, but it gave me a notification and recorded a clip.

I can only assume, the headlights shined at the perfect angle through the windshield to trigger it.

Did you reduce the camera motion detection sensitivity?