Flashing blue LED and offline

All of my cams have recently gone offline with a flashing blue LED. Power cycling the cams does nothing :frowning:
Any tips?

It could be due to the recent service outage.

I’d try a factory reset.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRsKwhfeozTUwA6CXR5cGVJIgxhcnRpY2xlBjoGRVQ6CHVybEkib2h0dHBzOi8vc3VwcG9ydC53eXplY2FtLmNvbS9oYy9lbi11cy9hcnRpY2xlcy8zNjAwMzE0ODQ1MTEtSG93LXRvLWZhY3RvcnktcmVzZXQteW91ci1XeXplLUNhbS12MS12Mi1vci1QYW4GOwdUOg5zZWFyY2hfaWRJIiljMjY0NTk0MC0yYmI3LTRjZmUtOTFlOC0wMzk1YjEzNDU2NmIGOwdGOglyYW5raQo%3D--43a49a612c79db24295ecd16341a71bda8db7b14

1 Like

I agree with @Brlepage. Before starting that process though I would also try rebooting your router, even if you have had no problems with WiFi devices.

1 Like

Ok thanks all. I’ve tried rebooting the modem and router. No other devices are having issues.
I’ve also tried power cycling the cams and deleting them and setting up as new devices.
They are telling me they ‘can’t connect to local network’.
All seems a bit odd. I’ll look at that factory reset option.

1 Like

Update - tried factory reset and still getting the same error. ‘unable to connect to local network’. I’m on a 2.4ghz network etc.
Also getting ‘connection has timed out’ error after about 5 secs of scanning the QR code.

Do I have 3 paperweights?

It could be possible that the cameras aren’t working anymore! I’d call Wyze and try to get replacements.
tel:+1-844-999-3226
First, let’s see if @tomp has any input.

1 Like

Do you have any microSD cards installed in the cams by chance?

I’d also try flashing the firmware before contacting support.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRsKwg3k4zTUwA6CXR5cGVJIgxhcnRpY2xlBjoGRVQ6CHVybEkiXmh0dHBzOi8vc3VwcG9ydC53eXplY2FtLmNvbS9oYy9lbi11cy9hcnRpY2xlcy8zNjAwMzE0OTA4NzEtSG93LXRvLWZsYXNoLWZpcm13YXJlLW1hbnVhbGx5BjsHVDoOc2VhcmNoX2lkSSIpOWYxYWFkMjEtZjQyZi00ZjIzLWJiMjItY2Y2N2Q2NTc5MGFkBjsHRjoJcmFua2kG--58070e367b3b92336dfe24a80bce7f606a8b1312

2 Likes

Long shot, but try first 1) hard restarting your device, 2) deleting your app and reinstalling it, and/or, 3 )if you have a second device, try installing using it. This is really reaching, but…

2 Likes

Tried all of the above, and finally reflashed the firmware as suggested.
The reflash worked (well, it has worked for the one V2 I’ve tried. I still have the other V2 and the pan to do).
After reflashing to the latest public firmware and the cam successfully connecting I was prompted to update to the latest firmware (174). I’m on beta, so guessing this is a beta release.
During the update process, I received an error message ‘update failed’. And guess what, the connection was gone again and I had to reflash again to the public release.
So it appears something in the latest beta firmware update process is introducing a connection defect which 1) prevents the update completing successfully, and 2) prevents any future connection to my home network.
Guess I’ll reflash all the cams and withdraw from the beta programme.

Thanks all for your help. Problem solved :relaxed:

1 Like