Fix-It-Friday 6/3/2022

Logs contain tons of information on the device, so they may be able to find out whether the cam detected motion and just didn’t save an event, or if there was an error, or anything else

If the error is sporadic then whatever is causing it will also be sporadic.

The data collected from the log will be normal if the event had been detected.

Wyze rarely sort obvious stuff from logs - so I do not have much faith in them bothering with something that happens randomly.

I know that my cams miss some events when I have detection zones switched on … But I cannot prove it.

1 Like

This quote shows how Wyze have dealt with this so far

Idk what to tell you, Wyze asked for logs, they have been looking into this and haven’t got logs for weeks, so they are going to give up if they don’t get any. I don’t work for Wyze, I don’t know what’s in logs, but they want them and I just told you when to take them.

@dogwood1614
If you send a log when it should have happened and also let me know the time and time zone in which the camera is and the event should have happened they can see what the camera was doing and may be able to find the issue.

@ShardlowM
That is true, but if you can pinpoint by time when the event should have happened we can also see what the camera was doing at that time and may be able to figure out the issue.

3 Likes

Let’s go back to the original question - How can I send a log of something that never recorded. A log, to me, means a event.

@dogwood1614
When the event should have happened follow this process, except give the date, time and time zone of when the event should have happened.

Go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log > Make sure you select your affected device and describe the issue in the description field. Giving the date, time, and time zone that you ran into the problem will help us locate the relevant area of the log more quickly!

4 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ

Log number 623643 … Of absolutely no event activity even though my neighbour is usually in the camera view at 21.30 for a few minutes

Next time he is out an event may be triggered.

Only happens when detection zone is active - neighbour is normally in the active area at this time.

1 Like

@ShardlowM
What is the approximate time and time zone this happened in and I will forward this on, thank you.

3 Likes

Try this, 6/23/22 at 4:12 PM in CST

2 Likes

I put it in the description box in the log.

Time 21.30

Time zone - United Kingdom ( GMT+1)

2 Likes

@ShardlowM
Could you possibly get me the MAC address of the camera you sent the log file for?
Edit: I am being told the log you sent in was for the app and not the device. Could you send another log by going to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log > Make sure you select your affected device ( the cam that should have detected the motion) and describe the issue in the description field. Giving the date, time, and time zone.
Then post the log number and MAC address of the camera affected.

This has been going on for 2 years, I submitted a log & that was not enough. So I submitted a date/time/& time zone & that’s not enough. Now you want a MAC address - what the hell is a MAC address? … Your tech support team , thru numerous calls, hasn’t worked (probably about 8hrs worth). They have have submitted logs with no response. And now I am trying to solve my issue thru this site & you are asking for things I don’t have a clue what they are. Pardon my frustration, but how do I get a “ANSWER”? If your customers were important, a phone call from a knowledgeable tech would be a great option.

I did all that - exactly as you describe above.

MAC address of the affected camera is 7C78B2221DFA

I apologize for the frustration, but it was ShardlowM that I was asking for the MAC address from, the MAC address is a unique identifier for the product and can be found in the app settings or on the label of the camera itself. The issues brought up in this thread do not have fixes yet, they are things we are looking into so I don’t have answers I just try to gather the info needed to find the problem. Sometimes we are unable to replicate the problem so we turn to users who are having the issue so we can attempt to solve it.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will let them know.

Thanks for that clarification. It sounds like I will need to become a computer expert just to get my ongoing problem fixed. Thanks again.

Hi, everybody!

It’s time for the last Fix-It Friday follow-up for June! We’ll have a new callout for a batch of bugs to chase this Friday. So start thinking about what you want to submit or vote for this weekend! Next Monday is a national holiday and the Wyze office will be closed. That means our Fix-It Friday follow-up won’t come until midweek at the earliest.

Here’s what we have for you this week:

Forum - Wyze Air Purifier Insights graph is not updating when expected :chart_with_upwards_trend:

No further update from this one at this time. We’re working on a different design that will show more results instead of just the bad results like the current design. Thanks for your feedback!

Core - Shortcuts aren’t always working properly

This is not going to be included in the list next week. We’ve done several callouts for info and haven’t heard back from folks. If this is a problem affecting you, please speak now! Otherwise, we’ll stop giving updates on this since we need info from people dealing with this issue to proceed.

Reddit - Wyze Cams on Cam Plus are only receiving Wyze AI notifications and not the standard motion-only notifications :walking_man:

We got a log from this! Thank you very much! We also could use MAC addresses from affected cameras and you can find those in Settings > Device Info. Here is the update from last week:

We also weren’t able to get any additional cases or any additional detail from our communities on this issue for the past few weeks.

Is this still happening to you? The first thing that we ask is that you make sure that your settings are correct on your side. There’s a lot that could go on here but the fastest thing to resolve is usually if the settings just need to be adjusted.

Settings looking good? Could you please let us know what your detection and notification settings are set to? In this case, we especially want to make sure that the All Other Motion option is turned on. If that’s all configured correctly, we’ll need to dive deeper into this like checking to make sure the cloud is matching your displayed settings in the app. Send us a reply here and let’s take a look.

Discord - Camera is ignoring detection settings like sensitivity and zone

We still haven’t heard from folks that are experiencing this problem. If we don’t hear back before the next Fix-It Friday follow-up, we’ll remove this from the update list. If you’re running into this problem, please let us know the following information:

• What cameras are impacted (Wyze Cam v3, Wyze Video Doorbell, etc.). Using the full product name will help us isolate this faster.
  • What app version you’re currently using.
  • After this happens, please submit a log using the following instructions and post the log number here:
    • Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log > Make sure you select your affected device and describe the issue in the description field. Giving the date, time, and time zone that you ran into the problem will help us locate the relevant area of the log more quickly!

Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions

Wyze Video Doorbell is getting stuck on 3/3 instead of displaying the live stream

Alright, we have a build that has gone through internal QA and we found a pretty important bug on it. We’re working on fixing that bug and will send it to beta when it’s ready. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience with this.

Wyze Headphones no longer use auto-pause but the headphones go into Transparency Mode still when laying down :headphones:

We received another log! Thanks so much for your help! We sent the information over to the team and we’ll let you know what we hear back. Here’s the callout for info in case you see anyone else experiencing this:

Have you ever had auto-pause or Transparency Mode randomly turn on? If so, could you please let us know what your settings were when this happened? And if possible, please send in a log if this happens to you and let us know the log number so we can pair it with our report. Here are the log instructions:

Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log > Make sure you select your affected device and describe the issue in the description field. Giving the date, time, and time zone that you ran into the problem will help us locate the relevant area of the log more quickly!

Wyze Sense Hub firmware 4.32.8.213 causes issues with Rules and notifications or frequent rebooting

We’ve been hearing crickets about Rules and notifications for a bit and are taking that as a good sign! Please let us know if you’re still experiencing those issues with your app and firmware fully updated. For the pairing and rebooting issues, we believe we’ve figured out the most common issue. We’ll be sending out a beta firmware update to address this in the next week or two. Keep an eye out, beta testers!

Wizard chat ends when navigating to the main app page

We ran a test for the Agent Workspace last week and it went well! We’re fully moving forward with it and will be live either this week or next week depending on the results of the testing we’re currently running. This will allow asynchronous chat and other improvements.

Audio out of sync on saved videos

This fix for Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan v1 is currently in beta! Are you a beta tester? If so, please take some time to leave feedback about this! We need to know if the fix is working properly for everyone or if there are other issues we need to resolve.

Cameras appear offline in the app, though they are online and viewable

We are currently monitoring the beta performance for this fix for Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan v1. If this goes well, we’ll start working on getting this fix onto other affected cameras.

Attempting to view microSD card Playback when viewing an Event from a Wyze notification results in the, “No microSD card installed in camera” error

We released an improvement for this in 2.32 but have logic simplifications coming in 2.33 that should help further. Currently, the message shouldn’t be displayed until after the camera finishes loading to reduce false positives.

Thank you for your time! Remember to think about what bugs you want to submit for consideration this weekend when we do the callout. Have a great week!

6 Likes

Looking for continued Fix It Friday updates here is a link to next months thread!

4 Likes