Fix-It Friday 3/4/22

HMS not working after app update.

Log ID: 524770
Submitted Ticket - 1936892

1. Yes - the app reports network connection
  2. Not able to arm/disarm using the keypad
  3. Using the app arm/disarm - not certain if its working. I was able to get it to switch to armed for “I’m Away” after it did 30 second countdown. Then tried changing it to “I’m Home” mode and got “Mode switch failed” 8:40pm EST. Was able to switch it back to disarmed.
  4. Did a soft reset earlier tonight after trying again to connect my newly purchased additional v2 sensors. Not certain how long the hub has been flashing/dancing white lights. Got back to solid white lights after soft reset.
  5. Never got a new sensor to pair or an error message. I waited at least 3-5 minutes a few of the times and was within 3 feet of the Hub. Tried several times, noted last one at 8:31pm EST 3/31/2022.

Unfortunately I must have updated a few weeks into this issue before you pulled the update…

Cannot get any new v2 sensors (contact or motion sensors) to connect. Just gets stuck in the connecting may take up to one minute. Feeling salty about just ordering another $100 worth of sensors to finish out my setup.

Add further salt and email users that pricing is going to $9.99/mo when they just made this useless and also now realize how unstable it is. I guess I’ll stop updating any products unless something isn’t working. Seems public firmware updates are always very beta still.