Finally saying goodbye to Wyze

Indeed. Something crucial (to your health and safety.)

More history. Me in my first month here, Dec 2018:

Why would you toss them? HF is offering refunds.

Have you eliminated other factors that may be impacting your service? For example your router, wifi, internet ISP, etc?

1 Like

I get what you are saying, I was just explaining why some people use that comment. $20 dollars means something to me also, that is why I send in reports and work with them to get things fixed, and I can say that all my devices work as I expect except for the band.

I honestly have never purchased devices from a company where they all worked out of the box like they were supposed to, I do not use Apple for that reason, the only reason I use Android is there is not a third option and I have more ability with Android to make it work. Would I love items to work out of the box the way they should, yes, nut I will admit when the price for the item is that inexpensive I am willing to try harder than something expensive. I have V2, pan, plugs, bulbs, sensors and scale working like i expect, that is why I give them a bit of latitude. I also understand not everyone shares my viewpoint and that is ok, everyone knows what they are willing to do and what they expect.

3 Likes

Yes, yes, and yes. I’ve worked in and around the IT world since the get-go and wouldn’t say that something isn’t operating correctly if I hadn’t first checked ALL connectivity issues.

Ok, seems like my two cents added to the original one cent comment. I have multiple cameras by Wyze and another vendor. I have V2’s, Cam Pan, bulbs, plugs, sensors (both types), a scale and thermometer. Being a retired IT Systems Analyst and having worked on a multi-million dollar sensor system on an Air Force installation on a priority A site, I can tell you any system you will always have issues. It was a constant repair and or replace scenario, especially with the CCTV cameras, later replacing them with CCD cameras. Better picture but same reliability issues. Of the number of issues I’ve had with Wyze products, it’s been with a few V2s. Wyze promptly replaced the V2s and I’m very satisfied with all their products. I’ll continue to layout my hard earned money for a product line I believe in. I’ll continue to recommend their products. Will everyone always be 100% satisfied with any camera system. I think not. I’m just gonna close and eat my supper. Thank Wyze, I’m not going anywhere.

3 Likes

I feel the same but never bothered to hook up the switches I purchased prior to the release date. I am an old very old windows user and accustomed to a DVR that always works and usable with both Win 10 and IOS software. My wyze cams are still fully functional but viewing them on an iPhone 6 + screen is not nearly a good as usinf a windows DVR with perfect playback and search results. The guys and gals at Wyze are great but their SOP is too far out for this old guy. I wish I could have seen their promised outdoor PanCam. Probably not in my lifetime.

Well, if you want just works, stay far far FAR away from Google/Nest products. Feel free to check the community forums, they are jammed PACKED with complaints of the most BASIC features not working, features my Wyze cams have nailed, and have a ton more issues from the added complexity. My Nest Hello has not worked correctly since I bought it, over 2 years ago. To date it still thinks my mailbox is a person, or cars, outside my zones, are people… inside my zones. They are hot hot hot garbage and 200x more expensive than wyze.

I suspect that since there is a wide divergence of perceived quality that it may be related to the one aspect that is different in every household. The internet. Some have DSL, some have cable, some may have satellite, who knows. Then there is the issue of hardware quality - modems, routers, hubs, mesh systems, etc. Even the size of one’s house, thickness of walls, and where the Wyze product is put in relation to the router.

Anyone on this forum who is “done with Wyze” feel free to PM me if you are interested in recouping a percentage of your investment and selling your Wyze items. You could of course post in open forum with the prices you are seeking, which might get you the best price possible (market forces).

3 Likes

Very well written! I completely agree with your statements about Wyze products being marketed to entry level users. The Wyze products have always been intended to be entry level and price conscious. There are several more robust(serious) security products on the market. I have a neighbor that has spent over $6k USD for his complete closed circuit live feed ip6 PZT cameras and house security system. He has two servers with two 50 TB SSD drives each. He can view all his live feeds on any device anytime on multiple monitors.

2 Likes

Hello Daniel, I agree on many things with you.
I recognize and value the quality and novelty of the product, but for all those who migrate from other major brands also with serious support failures, we are demanding Wyze to release finally the outdoor camera.
IF I want face masks, a thermometer or a balance, I look for them elsewhere, CVC, Walgreens, etc.what I want and will continue to demand is continuity in a line of security products and their permanent updating and issue correction.
Otherwise, I have to think that Wyze aims his business to resell 99 cents Chinese products, neglecting what one opportunely confided to them is our security.

3 Likes

Very well said kudos to you my friend

I agree with a lot that has been said here. First and foremost, the value for the Wyze cams can’t really be disputed. You get a lot for $24.

Frustrating to me is that they still haven’t fixed issues that have been around for years. The power supplies are still not pumping out enough amps to reliably power the cams. Especially with the sensor receiver plugged in, they are underpowered. In my own experiments, the cams work much better, and sensors have a longer range with a power supply with more amperage output. I bet half the people here complaining of cams rebooting just need a stronger power supply.

I bought a bunch of sensors. Had connection issues from the beginning. The only one that still reliable works is the motion sensor. The contact sensors don’t work once you change batteries. Wyze even sent me a new contact sensor and the issues continue.

It’s not really their fault that person detection came to a halt when the company was bought up. But it was frustrating to lose that function (probably my favorite for the Wyze cams). It’s not working reliably yet unfortunately.

SD card playback used to work without glitches. As of a year or so, it become nearly useless. Not sure why.

As a summary, yes, I’m not expecting that much, but seeing that some things are actually getting worse is frustrating. At least bring the cams to the level they used to be at. Or release a version 3 with a little more RAM (and a better power supply) which seems to be the issue from what I gather?

My priorities would be reliability, person detection and SD card replay. Make those work and I’m totally happy again.

And yes, I was really surprised when they started offering smart bands and scales. I think a business will do better if it has one or a few great products rather than a ton of stuff, none of it working well.

5 Likes

I have none if these issues,

Hey Don

Assuming you’ve read the whole thread and other stuff around the forum, what would you guess is Wyze’s legitimate Customer Satisfaction rating.

I.e., Percentage of satisfied customers (a customer being anyone who has purchased a product.)

-peep

This issue may be easy to solve… SD cards are recognized in the industry as consumable items. I have dash cams in my vehicles, and they only last ~6-8 months in that environment.

There’s that word again…

The lease problematic CQ system I’ve ever own TILL today is a fateful back up to the Wyze cam system is the Uniden Video System old and obsolete with no HD is the only issue !
Too bad it’s not still manufactured today with HD !!!

Had a very old (one and only) by Motorola system that WAS a close second …

I have had the same High Endurance SD cards in my two dash cams for several years. Never a problem. I do format them every few months. I also have high endurance cards in my Wyze cams and format them occasionally. Also, I don’t have permanent recording on, only events. So they don’t actually get used that much. SD cards are not the problem here.

2 Likes

Continuity? :wink: