Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

Are you saying that we can use Tinycam App for iPhones to scrub videos recorded on Wyze cams’ SD cards? If so; how to add Wyze cam to Tinycam App.?

One way to scrub Wyze SD contents is to save the selected amount of SD video on your iphone and then scrub the video using your iphone.
A real pain way of doing it.

iphone what is that I have a android! :slight_smile:

You are out of luck then. You need an Apple phone.

It’s crazy this hasn’t been added yet - looking at the team roadmap I see you have a ton of requests and products to handle but this has more votes than most of the items on there (especially if you include similarly worded requests). Watching recordings at 1x speed is incredibly painful and the current ability to scroll/jump 30 seconds is helpful, but doesn’t get the job done if you want to catch a specific thing happening or even just go through the days activity.

1 Like

There is actually a timeline stamp on the current mark as you are scrubbing that updates in realtime as you scroll. It’s pretty precise. Also there are hour markers as you scroll.

Something like this definitely be a step in the right direction and would be very helpful if the scrubbing is also precise. My fat fingers on that tiny timeline would still make it nearly impossible to pick the right part of the timeline even zoomed it. Still not sure if left to right scrolling is the way to go on a mobile device, it would be better on tablet.

1 Like

Agreed @Jason.weber . But not in the clips that are saved which I should’ve stated more clearly.

1 Like

We need to keep voicing this on fix-it-fridays

That may help keep it in people’s minds, but don’t expect it to be addressed in Fix-It Friday since it’s technically classified as a feature request, rather than a bug. Fix-It Friday only promises to address items that are actual bugs, or things that aren’t working the way Wyze purposely programmed and intended them to work. Many people submit feature requests in Fix-It Friday in the various platforms and if they aren’t ignored, they are usually recommended to come to the wishlist in the forums here and vote for it.

The end of the Fix it Friday post has always said:

Honestly, the best thing to do is to find when others in other threads or platforms mention something related to video scrubbing and link them to the wishlist here to vote for it, and to occasionally discuss something on topic in here to keep this thread alive and showing there is a lot of interest from different people since there are stats that will show how many votes are for this, How many comments and likes are in the thread and by how many different people with on topic and relevant posts. This kind of interest and activity helps to bring the topic up in their meetings when considering future updates.

I have referred multiple people here, including from other platforms because I love the local recording and would love for it to be easier to navigate and find things. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Theres an old American proverb: the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

squeak squeak

I don’t see any feature like 1x, 2x, 4x scanning speed in events. Only in Playback do I see the option to skip back or forwards 30 seconds.

1x, 2x, 4x are only available for cam plus subscribers on cloud events in the event tab.

It’s there, lower left of screen

But its worthless. Not anywhere close to whats needed.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

1 Like

You’re right of course it’s not what we need but that wasn’t the issue the issue is whether it was there or not and it is in a very rudimentary form hopefully at some point in time Wyze will improve it

1 Like

Wrong! The issue IS AND HAS BEEN scrubbing. Go back and look at the original posts. And we’ve been asking for years.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

Mom, my reply was correct for the post I replied to

1 Like

yeah this is perfect.
30 sec resolution is too large. It should be obvious to the developers

1 Like

Ah, I misunderstood. Got it, thanks!

1 Like