Continues Recording Enhancements (wish list)

Hope this is the right forum for feature requests.

I like the continues recording to SD card feature of the WyzeCam. It would be however a lot easier to use and more useful if the App:

• Allows fast forwarding of the playback
  • Inserts visual markings on the video timeline where motion was detected (even if motion notification is OFF)
  • Allows downloading of the video (video files) to the smartphone (and/or to a PC) to eliminate the necessity of removing the SD card from the camera to access the files. Doing so every time to access the files is very inconvenient especially if the camera is mounted high and needs to be aimed correctly each and every time.
Thank you in advance. I love my WyzeCams and would like to utilize them to their full potential.
1 Like

Fast fwd is coming in a future update. In beta right now are left/right button that jump to the previous/next recorded video segment went recording in event only mode.

I’m assuming you’re talking about marking the timeline when continuous recording mode is in force. (If in event only mode, the timeline is already marked with green shading for motion events.) I’ll add your vote for this to Wyze’s feature request tracker. It is something that Wyze plans to implement in the future.

I’ll also add your vote for direct access to download the video from the SD card.

2 Likes

Thank you, much appreciated

And to clarify, yes i am talking about marking the events when in continious recording mode (even when notifications are turned off).
For example, when i review the day’s recording, suppose i want to know whether the postman dropped my mail as he claimed he did. Currently if i dont know the exact time he was around, it is nearly impossible to verify he was really there. To achieve that i have to review the whole recording in real time. If the app marked the exact time of the event in the timeline, i would only review those segments where motion was detected.

Also by fast-forwarding i really meant fast playback, like 2x, 3x etc… rather than skipping to the next segment (I presume the next segment would be the next video file in sequence, which is the next minute of the whole recording), as i can already do so using the timeline.

Also, is the feature request tracker viewable to the customers? If so i would like to check what else is on it so in the future i would not needlessly duplicate requests that are already made. Thank you for your time.

The request tracker is an internal thing

Fast fwd is coming to an update near you, hopefully soon.

I used to have my cards in continuous mode until I realized there was never anything worth seeing in the non-motion minutes. Since it does a pretty good job of capturing motion, I switched them over to motion only. A bonus is much more useful video fits on a card. I’ve been happy with that mode. You may want to give it a try and see how it goes for you.

True, there isn’t much to see in the non-motion minutes, so recording continuously isn’t the best way to utilize the card capacity. I would be happy enough to record just the action moments had the software allowed me to turn off notifications and still record motion detected minutes. Currently the only workaround to disable notifications while motion detection is active, is to set a very short Alert Schedule (i.e. 1 minute). It would be a lot more elegant if the app had an option to turn the Alert Schedule OFF while the motion detection is ON.

The camera will continue to record motion events to the SD card (if enabled) even if Motion Alerts and/or Notifications are turned off.

I don’t think duplicate requests hurts a thing. Matter of fact I think each duplicate is counted as a vote for that feature.

Duplicate requests from different people are counted. Duplicate requests from the same person are not.

Logged in just to vote :slight_smile:

Got my cameras recently and yes please support the following feature soon.

• Allows downloading of the video (video files) to the smartphone (and/or to a PC) to eliminate the necessity of removing the SD card from the camera to access the files. Doing so every time to access the files is very inconvenient especially if the camera is mounted high and needs to be aimed correctly each and every time.
Thanks!

Done.

Add my vote.

This would be a super handy feature, also to allow to enter the start time and end time and download all videos in between.

Yeah, what they said. My vote too.

Done x2.

Are any of these below “WishList” items in the works; I am a beta testers and I don’t see how to "jump to/from previous recorded segments,as described below??

fast fwd is coming in a future update. In beta right now are left/right button that jump to the previous/next recorded video segment went recording in event only mode.

“”“I’m assuming you’re talking about marking the timeline when continuous recording mode is in force. (If in event only mode, the timeline is already marked with green shading for motion events.) I’ll add your vote for this to Wyze’s feature request tracker. It is something that Wyze plans to implement in the future.”“”"

There’s a bit of old information here since this post was last active in Oct 2018.

The ability to jump between segments using the left/right arrows is in the production app now. But it only works in Event Only mode. It takes you to the previous or next green shaded section.

You will probably want to vote on the following two #wishlist topics:

Mark Events In Playback

Fast Forward/Rewind In Playback

Here’s how the #wishlist works: How to Use the Wishlist.

Hope that helps.

Hi Loki,

Thanks for the reply… The ability
to jump between segments using the left/right arrows is now working in event mode…it wasn’t previously?? Oh well I take it for now…

and thanks for the recommended Wishlist
links… I am voting on’em……!!

Love this product !

1 Like