Fails to Sync Time in New Zealand

Hi, both my iPhone and iPad get a ‘Update setting failed’ when trying to update the time under the Wyze cam advanced settings since daylight savings changed by one hour a few days ago. They are running the latest iOS and have the latest Wyze app installed and the Wyze cam 2.0 has the latest firmware. I tried a restart of the camera and both phone and iPad Pro have date and time settings on Auto and the correct time zone chosen. The phone and iPad are displaying the correct time, the cam is not. Any ideas?

1 Like

Hi @deeley.julie and welcome to the comunity. You might open a Support Ticket on this problem.

Wonder if this is what @UserCustomerGwen was looking for in regards to the latest firmware for V2?

2 Likes

Copy of msg from another post:

We have this update paused as we look into what is causing this problem for some folks. If you are having trouble with your Wyze Cam being offline after the firmware update, please send in a log.

The usual method won’t work because the camera is offline. This time, please generate a log by putting a microSD card into your Wyze Cam, waiting for the ding ding sound, and then read the file with a computer. When you find the most recent one (they’re named with dates), please make sure it was generated around the time you tried to get a long and, if so, send it in an email to xli@wyze.com. If not, you can insert the microSD card again if you want to try again.

1 Like

Thank you, I might open a ticket.

1 Like

In another post:

1 Like

My cam is online, it just displays an incorrect time.

1 Like

You’re the outlier with both a working software and time problem. Most are either working fine or bricked and attempting to go back to older FW. Most seem to be in Hawaii and AU. Anyway, something went wrong, hope its fixed soon.

2 Likes

Ugh. We live in far too interesting times. Any way to raise a ticket via email?

2 Likes

Scro;l down to bottom: Contact Us
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000761672-Wyze-Cam-v1-v2-Pan

Thanks. I don’t get an email option, only call…

1 Like

When you hit “contact us” it will open a pop-up window where you go through some questions and later will give you a case number. You’ll usu. be eMailed a generic response to which you reply and restate the problem. You can link this thread to your case w/“Share” button on bottom.

The problem is software related and Wyze needs to update with your concerns.
Include @UserCustomerGwen in the ticket.

1 Like

Here is the update on the issue

3 Likes

Good Show @WyzeJasonJ

1 Like

I’m in Hawaii and no matter what I do even the manual is not working and I’m down 10…!!! Cameras cause whatever you guys are saying I’ve tried but still no work.

1 Like

If you’ve carefully read the post and associated links from Jason21271 above as to how reset device, set time on your phone’s OS, etc. Maybe give it a rest for the night. You can always wait for the updated software, shouldn’t be long.

This temp. patch seems to be working so far. Here is an example:

I have the New Zealand Time Sync problem as well.
I don’t think it’s related to the recent update - maybe it’s been an issue lurking until the clocks went forward.

Time sync worked fine until the New Zealand clocks went forward to Daylight Saving Time last week.

If I change my iPhone/iPad time zone to - say - Brisbane Australia, Time Sync works fine. Change back to New Zealand and Time Sync fails (now my cams are stuck on Brisbane Time)

I reported this to Wise support last week but have had no response yet.

3 Likes

Wyze is working on a software update that (hopefully) will fix those problems.

Thanks - lets hope so! I just wanted to make the point that this (NZ) bug could have been potentially there for a long time. We always get the weirdest edge-case timezone issues here in Kiwi Land :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, you also have New Zealand Munchkins! :cat:
The time variance is to confuse those hiding in their billionaire bunkers. :alarm_clock: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ahhhh now I get it :sweat_smile:

1 Like