Events not recording with Cam Plus enabled

I thought my cameras were not working, but I found that they do not record with CamPlus enabled. I deactivated them from CamPlus and now they are recording 12 second videos with 5 min. cooldowns.

This is not what I paid for.

Anyone else going through this?

BTW: everything was working fine, updated firmware for my cams last week and everything was fine until today.

I had 2 cams recording with camplus, decided to deactivate the 2 , to see if that was the problem. now none are recording longer than 12 seconds.

I have had the same issue since Thursday. I disabled CamPlus. made sure it was off. Checked and sure enough, had an event for motion.

Then re-enabled and then events started working again. :man_shrugging:

Same issue here, disabling and re enabling can plus didn’t restore ability to record longer than 12 seconds.

My CamPlus does not seem to do much, if anything. I bought it mainly because I wanted longer than 12-second recording. It still clips at 12 seconds. I see a teal box around subjects. That may or may not be person detection. I cannot get WOC to trigger an event notification under ANY circumstances. Frustration levels are mounting!

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem! Chat representative could not help & filled out a help log over a week ago with no response!

It isn’t very likely that I will be ordering any more products from Wyze. My patience has virtually dried up. As an early adopter with bulbs, plugs, band, scale, outdoor cam with cam plus, and orders pending for doorbell and vacuum, I think I have put up with enough.

The product concepts are great, and I have enjoyed the company culture, but if we cannot get clear and accurate information about how to make the products work, I don’t see much point in continuing to support a non-supportive team.

My support ticket was closed despite being asked to downgrade firmware and advise of success. I posted the progress here: Technical Support Ticket Closed, surrendered firmware as asked, still randomly fails to record events and get video data