Events not recording all of a sudden

It’s kinda like half a dozen on one hand and half a dozen on the other.

I have four eufy indoor cams (pointing out the window) and a eufy doorbell. I only had one Wyze cam until just recently. I’m not comfortable using RTSP, but I still wanted to be able to have multi-live view which the Eufy app doesn’t have. So I would need to use multiple devices to simultaneously live view all the cameras (it’s possible to use secure folder on Samsung phone to load a 2nd instance of the same app and then do split view to see 2 live views at once). However, Eufy only allows you to have a certain amount of active logins on the same account (last I knew), so that means creating a 2nd account to try and keep from being logged out when going over the maximum active logins. So I recently purchased five more Wyze cams (4 to share the same windows with the eufy cams and 1 to put in a window that didn’t have any cams) so I could take advantage of grouping and multi live view. So the Wyze app has the advantage if you want multi live view and you don’t use RTSP.

I think live view loads up a little quicker on the Wyze app than my Eufy app,

I have had a frustrating amount of issues with the eufy app with what seems to be connectivity issues. I might try to view recorded footage on my sd card or maybe live view and the app will have some sort of buffering or connection issue (spinning circle), and I’ll end up exiting the app and then reloading it to get it to work properly. This happens too often too suit me.

I like that with the Eufy app I can get to camera settings for each camera without going into live view first like on the Wyze app.

I especially like that the Eufy app offers what I guess you would call fast forward when watching recorded footage on my SD card. I can watch at 1X, 2X, 4X, 8X, and 16X speeds which is a big help when covering a large chunk of time. Wyze doesn’t offer this feature for SD card playback that I’ve been able to see. Wyze offers it for watching cloud events but it would really be more beneficial to have it for SD card playback.

Eufy app has a problem with pop-up ads unless you email customer support and complain. Then they might turn off the pop-up ads for your account.

Eufy app has a snooze feature for alerts. So I can snooze a cam for a preset time and then alerts turn back on. Snoozing alerts on Wyze means I need to remember to come back to turn alerts back on. Maybe there’s a rule or something that can fix that but I’d have to check into it.

I don’t currently think that my Eufy cams and app is overwhelmingly better than Wyze and I don’t find the Wyze cams and app overwhelmingly better than Eufy. They both have pluses and minuses.

No drawbacks downside whatsoever?? :slight_smile: