Error (code 3001)!

I agree, all these companies seem to bait you in with cheap hardware then push subscriptions on people.

My aunt just got notified her Arlo cameras are end of life.

Wyze has had good intentions but they have overhead now, but the 3001 error is really inexcusable as is their silence.

To make amends they should be rewarding us that soldiered thru this with subscriptions 5.00 a month as I paid for over a year fir a broken 3001 service…

1 Like

@WyzeJasonJ do you have some info about the cam v3 firmware fix for this error & if we can expect a similar fix for other cameras?

It’s not hate. It’s information. It’s buyer beware. 3001 is an issue that everyone is experiencing. And that Wyze seems to be ignoring. And it’s gone on much to long.

1 Like

“Subscription fixed my issues.”
I’m sure Wyze would like everyone to beleive that…:slight_smile:

The problem is that not everyone is experiencing the issue. I never had that error code. How about you see if the issue is with your network. Wyze cams like all IoT devices need a robust network.

Some recent posts in this thread have been edited and others removed that do not comport with the Community Guidelines . Please keep the following in mind so that further action does not need to be taken:

Sometimes We Disagree And That’s Okay

Sometimes we will disagree on topics. You may even think that the other person is outright wrong! That’s just part of being human talking to other humans. But when you respond, remember to criticize ideas, not people . Please avoid:

• Name-calling
  • Ad hominem attacks (personal attacks instead of discussing content of a post)
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that focus on the ideas instead of the person. If someone has something negative to say about Wyze or our products, there’s likely a reason for that. Just tag in a mod or admin to make sure that the feedback goes where it needs to and we have an opportunity to consider and respond to what they’re saying.

2 Likes

BS!
I’m so tired of posts like this! You get the same crap from the FB group!
I’ve had these cams 3 years, have only had the 3001 issue since fall and my network has NOT changed!

Also interesting is the moderator just deleted some posts (not sure why, do you Habib?) but through this whole thread we’ve never gotten any help or even one comment from the mods or anyone representing Wyze.

While this isn’t affecting me, I do see that there are people still reporting this as affecting them, so I have bookmarked this thread to remind me to report it in this coming Friday’s “Fix-it-Friday” event so that we can get it on Wyze’s radar for you. I will also reference this thread and let you know when it is posted. It’s totally okay if someone else beats me to it and reports it before I do. Either way, this sounds like a great Fix-it-Friday bug to report.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this problem in the FB group for the 'fix it Friday" and also started a thread there tagging Gwendolyn and keep asking her for updates every month or so. Last time she said they had a beta fix for it but that was almost a month ago,
It seems Wyze is concentrating more on releasing new products rather than working the bugs out of the cams which was their bread and butter from the start.

Can you please provide the following:

• Type of camera
  • Firmware version of the Camera
  • Are you on Android or iOS
  • App version

@Fisherguy I don’t see any indication in your posts that you have contacted Customer Support (206) 339-9646 Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT. Neither the forum or the FB group are official Wyze support channels. They are primarily user-to-user communities. Yes, Wyze employees do drop in occasionally, but that is not their primary role.

Please do contact support. If you have an unsatisfactory interaction, please report the support ticket number here and we can ask that it be escalated for coaching.

3 Likes

Posts were removed because they violated the Community Guidelines. Respectful disagreement is allowed; ad hominem attacks are not. The moderators do not censor anti-Wyze comments or complaints, but do remove comments that violate the guidelines.

4 Likes

Can you please provide the following:

• Type of camera
  • Firmware version of the Camera
  • Are you on Android or iOS
  • App version

I am using two Wyze Camera V2s.
Firmware and App are updated to the latest versions.
Android
Persistent 3001 error code and have spent time with customer support where they have me essentially try all of the things that I have already tried without result and said they would “bring it to the attention of our engineers.”
My cameras and playback of events worked without a problem but this error code appeared after one of the camera updates. Unfortunately, I am now shopping for replacement options as I need a system that works.

Thank you for providing additional information, but in this case, specifics are needed (every time firmware and app versions are requested actually), there are many branches of firmware in app that all state up to date. Providing actual firmware numbers and app version will specifically tell if you’re on the production version, the beta version, other beta versions such as the RTSP firmware, a halted or paused firmware release, or even the Wyze car firmware which is sometimes seen on the V2 camera. So if you could update your post with your actual firmware numbers and app version that would be great, thanks in advance!

1 Like

I have sent 10 developer log files, I assumed that was the same as contacting tech support?

V2 FW 4.9.9.1851 (X2)
Pan Cam FW 4.10.9.1851 (X2)

Android

App version v2.40.0(190)

Thanks.

Have you reached out to Wyze and received a Ticket Number and provided any logs?

I’ve sent in 10 log files,
Wyze Ticket 2922080

Thanks - Escalated this for you as well

Here is the extract from the v3 cam firmware release notes:
4.36.10.4054 (March 22, 2023)

• Fixed a bug that caused Cam Plus Lite Events to not play due to Error 3001

From my side, I was on CamPlusLite when I had lots of 3001 errors and like other users the 3001 error stopped when I upgraded to cam plus (paid).

So it seems like the issue is already known by Wyze, they are just slow to give an explanation or roll it out for all cams?