Error (code 06) "failed to fetch video from cloud."

From last night:

March 15th 11:38 PM PT - We are now seeing service restored to the levels from before the outage. Thank you to the team at AWS that helped us resolve this! Videos that were impacted by this did not upload properly and will not be able to be viewed and we apologize for the inconvenience. If you continue having trouble viewing new Events from after 10:30 PM PT, please reach out to Wyze Customer Support

The ones today’s aren’t showing and what prevented them from uploading if it was fixed?

I have no idea, I am just another frustrated WYZE user.

Heck of a way to run a railroad.

1 Like

Update!!! 15:56 CST

Wed Mar 17 9:25CST

I RESET OUR CAMS LAST NIGHT UNDER CAM PLUS TRIAL AND EVERYTHING WORKED FINE UNTIL THIS MORNING AT 7:26AM WHEN WE ARE GETTING THE CODE OF DEATH. I REMOVED THE CAM PLUS TRIAL. I GUESS WE WILL SEE HOW GREAT CAM PLUS REALLY IS. MY PARTNER WANTS TO RETURN THE CAMS. I HAVE FAITH IN WYZE BUT AM NEARING MY END.

SINCE I REMOVED CAM PLUS EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING. THE ISSUE IS CAM PLUS!!!

It’s kinda funny (snark), my notifications and replay worked well during the Trial period.
Paid my money and everything went to …
Nothing like seeing an event two+ hours after the fact.
If at all.

Hey Wyze. I’m really getting tired of the lack of support responses. I have 22 active cams. 15 are on plus. I get home a bit ago and almost every event, hundreds and hundreds of them are error code 6, won’t fetch. My wifi and internet are working just fine. Again, there is a Wyze server outage or something on your end and no response. I’m about ready to put 22 cams, doorbell, scale, etc into the trash and go spend some serious money on any company that supports their products. Tired of having to always suck it up. Get it together or I’m out, and taking many users with me since I have been a loyal supporter and recommended your stuff. You all have expanded way too quickly with too many products at once. You admit to having more job openings than you have currently. That is an obvious signof trouble in the company.

7 Likes

Assuming that I should post this here since I’m on the public beta. Added a new Outdoor Cam recently with a Cam Plus subscription. Everything in the system (two Outdoor Cams, Outdoor Cam Base Station, Two Cam V3s, and a Cam Pan) are running the latest beta firmware, and I have the latest beta app installed on both my iPhone 11 and my iPad Pro. Every alert from the new Outdoor cam throws an Error Code 6 — unable to retrieve from cloud when I try to access the event. There are no microSD cards in the outdoor cam, only a 32GB in the base station. Any ideas, clues, or suggested remedies?

Tried the delete base, re-add base, re-add cameras routine. It worked for a few hours, but now the cameras persistently show up as “offline” in the app, though selecting them will provide what they’re currently seeing.

Well said. I gave up long ago.

Frank V.

I do not think there is a solution I’m looking for one for weeks and have gotten no response from wise

Frank V.

No suggestions from me. Monday night all 22 of my cams returned error code 6. Later, an outage message was posted and Wize tried to blame AWS. Wize has some issues that they refuse to talk about. The issue is most prevalent in cams with plus subscriptions. I won’t even get into the fact that nothing in their product line is produced in the United States.

2 Likes

I just took the opportunity to purchase a cam plus package for four cameras. Since I assigned them to cameras any and all motion videos are not available. I get an error code 6. Looking for assistance as I paid for my cameras not to work. The issue is on my outdoor cameras and door bell. Anyone else having the issue and had success resolving?

At least for the moment, removing and reading the cameras from my Cam Plus subscription seems to have worked.

Thank you. That appears to be working for me as well. Hopefully it will stick permanently

Hello WYZE team, I believe I have resolved the ‘Error code 06’ Can’t fetch video from cloud problem. I simply removed the SD card from my cameras. And now-- my cameras are able to fetch videos from the cloud and play them – without any problems ! So try it and see if that works for all you folks out there – having this problem.

I'm not sure, but I think if the user has a sd memory card installed in his or her cameras while at the same time trying to use the fetch-video- from- the cloud ( paid )service, the SD card interferes with accessing video from the cloud servers.   🙂🙏👍 I'm Alzee 07

Hello jFrankv, I believe I have resolved the ‘Error code 06’ Can’t fetch video from cloud problem. I simply removed the SD card from my cameras. And now-- my cameras are able to fetch videos from the cloud and play them – without any problems ! So try it and see if that works for all you folks out there – having this problem.

I'm not sure, but I think if the user has a sd memory card installed in his or her cameras while at the same time trying to use the fetch-video- from- the cloud ( paid )service, the SD card interferes with accessing video from the cloud servers.  🙂🔬🙏👍

It should work with an SD card shouldn’t it?

Frank V.

I was having issues and don’t use the SD card.

Frank V.

Really? So with no SD card the playback function is also disabled. I assume it worked on all your cams, even those with plus? V2, v3, pan and scan, outdoor. Everything, plus or no plus?