Doorbell keeps cycling on and off

I just got the new wyze video doorbell. Confirmed all connections are tight, jumper at door chime. On powering up the house, the doorbell keeps resetting every few seconds, sometimes you hear half a chime, the light turns off, wyze stays lit for a second and then it turns off and back on. It’s like a short, but it seems stuck in a boot loop. Reset does nothing. Any ideas?

You probably need a new transformer.

1 Like

Having same issues. Only mine lights up for 15 sec and then off and back on. Tested current on all wires and have no issues there. Perhaps transformer is weak (original 25+ years) will replace and update asap.

Our house is 110 years old. Rewired although the wiring for door bell looks sketch. Transformer looks 60 years old. I may start there as well.

Replaced transformer this weekend and all is working as it should.

2 Likes

Would you mind sharing what transformer you got?

Here you go. I went to my local True Value. Brand was Zenith. It was $16.99. There was a single voltage one for $12.99. I didn’t want to take a chance. This one has 10, 16 or 24 volt options. After installing it, I checked voltage and it was actually reading 4 volts higher on all 3 options. I wired it to the 16 volt option, the two right terminals. Works great. There is a very low hum coming from transformer. It is in the garage so it does not bother me at all.

I tried to attach a couple of pics but I was not able to respond with an attachment. Let me know if you have any other questions.

John

1 Like

This it?

Heath Zenith SL-125-02 Wired Door Chime Transformer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQY88I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_65D7YZSVZRWC410H43JK

Yes. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.