Door lock, door sensor - TWO hubs?

I have a door lock (not the lock bolt) , that of course needs the “Gateway” hub.
If I wanted to add a door sensor (e.g. entry sensor v2), it would only make sense that the Gateway hub should suffice.
Am I wrong to believe that for an entry sensor I MUST also purchase the Sense hub? That seems counterintuitive to me. Please see about adding entry sensor support to the Gateway hub.
Thanks

To use the Entry Sensors v2, you would indeed need to Sense Hub. The v2 Sensors do not connect the the lock Gateway.

1 Like

Sense and the lock are 2 seperate systems, and require seperate hubs. Wyze hopes to support the Matter project soon, which should help things connect better like this in the future.

1 Like

Beat me to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL, just lucky

1 Like

The lock gateway is available to anybody (with lock). The sensor hub is still only available with an HMS subscription.

Besides, as pointed out, theyre two different systems. Theyre both not actual hubs.
The real question, which has also been asked, why aren’t the sense hubs available stand alone, and my followup is why isnt the keypad open for use outside HMS?

If Wyze thinks they’re promoting HMS sales theyre wrong. So many people said they wouldn’t trust their security to HMS (I’m one) but could use the hub or keypad for other reasons.