Don't buy wyse!

Everyone please stop forcing people to read things. If I see another person make someone read these I am going to throw a fit.

2 Likes

I believe @RightlyWitnessed was referring to these two points.
Iā€™m guilty of it myself.

2 Likes

There is truth in this post, and although I have hope for Wyze, it is waning.

Hereā€™s a fact. I have five cameras, and this happens randomly anywhere from a few times a week to 1 every couple weeks. No response at all to my OP about it. It has been going on for months now. Find my OP if you have questions about why this might be happening.

All of this discussion comes down to this. If you like it, buy it. If you donā€™t then donā€™t buy it. Everyone has an opinion of products they buy. I bought things I found I didnā€™t like and moved on where as I bought things I liked and am still buying it. For those who donā€™t Like WYZE simply move on and let everyone else here enjoy their products.

1 Like

So, we should stop discussing this and refrain from sharing what we donā€™t like about these products?

7 Likes

He doesnā€™t want to hear your opinion. He wants to hear his opinion coming out of your mouth.

7 Likes

Old Wyse Terminals bring back old memories. The Wyse-50 was the latest back in late 80s. Before that we had the Wyse-200 CRT. The Wyse-200 was also a great heating device.

Wyse-50 was available with green or amber screens. Life was so simple then. I canā€™t even find a pic of the 200.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
Your suggestion only works if the product lives up to the advertised features and maintains those features.
Iā€™m ok with the WYZE (branded) hardware. Itā€™s the app and firmware that cause problems for me.
Event detection and event clip playback are the main problems. I donā€™t feel ā€˜ripped offā€™ because I can still get fairly reliable live views. I consider that worth the price of the cameras.

4 Likes

Imagine if all things had an ā€œOperator Brightnessā€ control. :thinking:

3 Likes

[mod edit] No they are not a surveillance companyā€¦100%

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Let me try this again before we have to shut down this thread.

Comments and complaints about Wyze products and services are fair game. Wyze wants to hear them and try to learn from them. These comments will not be deleted or censored.

On the other hand, the Community Guidelines must be followed. In particular,

• Keep posts relevant to Wyze.
  • Do not post political rhetoric.
  • Donā€™t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
  • Remember to criticize ideas, not people.
  • Please avoid name-calling.

Bottom line, complain about Wyze all you want, but be respectful of each other, stay on topic and no personal attacks.

4 Likes

Butā€¦ thereā€™s nothing bad anyone can say about Wyze, except that no one ever returns your messages. Aside from that, itā€™s clear Wyze product is made from the tears of angels.

3 Likes

@Loki actually, do you work for Wyze? If so, we prob need to chat. Please hit me up. I canā€™t get anyone from Wyze to return my messages.

@russ_hanneman Check your spam/junk. For some reason their support emails always end up in my junk spam folder. Even when I white list.

Must be a Wyz(s)e employee. They always get a new user account with very in depth knowledge of wyze.

This is primarily a user to user forum. If you need to get in touch with Wyze, call the Wyze Customer Service number.

1 (206) 339-9646

Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Mavens and Mods are not Wyze employees

5 Likes

Any idea how to reach someone thatā€™s not front line? Iā€™ve called, left messages, no reply. Iā€™ve send message to people on here that are admins, no reply. I have something they would likely want to see.

You can contact Gwendolyn via PM. Here

@UserCustomerGwen is an official Wyze employee and will be glad to help you.

You can be unsatisfied and tell everyone about it. And youā€™ve done that.

That said, many users donā€™t seem to have the issues youā€™ve had.

I run eleven Wyze cams (both regular and cam pan), door sensors, motion detection, plugs, and bulbs at a property I own in another state. I also am aware of at least ten of my business clients who run cams, plugs, and door sensors.

My only issue ever has been when the electricity at that remote location has gone out and affected my network router there. I can reset my router remotely, and that fixes everything.

My three cam pans stay in the same position. Always. And Iā€™m away from the property for sometimes six months. So I rely on the cameras heavily.

I understand that everyoneā€™s mileage may vary. But Iā€™ve been so pleased with the super-affordable products Iā€™ve purchased from Wyze.

Iā€™ve messaged her over several days with no reply. :slight_smile: Doesnā€™t seem like a true statement.

1 Like