Does Wyze band work with wyze lock?

I’m seeing here that Wzye band does not work with wyze lock as advertised in the ER email I received, is this true? Number one reason I purchase the band!

2 Likes

We were told the function to Unlock Wyze Lock is being considered, not available yet. Right now, you can only lock the Wyze Lock with the Wyze Band. Create a shortcut in the Wyze App for locking and use it in the Band.

2 Likes

You can use the Alexa function to unlock it but you have to say your passcode into the band.

1 Like

I agree this is stupid. The whole reason I bought the thing was to be able to unlock the door with my band. How is it any different than opening the app on your phone. It needs Bluetooth to your phone to function. Please add this. Also don’t call the action “Locks”. Just call it Lock so it’s not confusing

3 Likes

Yes, I would also like to request the UNLOCK feature as a shortcut. I also agree the current feature should be called Lock Door or something similar to be less confusing. I spent too much time trying to figure out where the unlock option was. (but thank you for the band…still a Wyze fan!)

1 Like

I just attempted this, and it works.

Could you please clarify what “this” is? Did you speak to Alexa with the 4 digit code to unlock, or were you able to program the band to unlock the door under shortcuts?

1 Like

To clarify… I was able to use the voice commands through the Band to Alexa to both lock and unlock the door. Unlocking required the second step of a passcode, but it worked. Also, I was able to create and use a Wyze Shortcut on the Band to lock the door, but the unlock feature in not present in the Wyze APP for Shortcuts.

Thank you. This has been my exact same experience.

I agree only reason I purchased the band was to unlock my door when i get home as the geo-fencing auto unlock is kinda a joke at this time.

1 Like

I must say that an auto unlock feature tied to the Band would be an excellent selling point. The auto unlock feature tied to my phone is very inconsistent at best. Most of the time it doesn’t work.

Why something that makes so much sense like unlock feature was not implemented is beyond me! With auto-lock feature in the Wyze lock you don’t need it in the band.

1 Like

I too was hoping for an unlock feature or shortcut on the band to address those instances when I need to run outside for a minute. For this to be truly valuable it would work even if I leave my phone inside but I don’t know if that is within the capabilities of the band.

2 Likes

I was thinking about a sensor pad on the future Wyze doorbell, Wave your Wyze watch in front of it and unlock! So simple of an idea but a nightmare to code?

I haven’t tried to used my bands auto unlock in months due to it rarely working but had seen some of the latest updates addressing auto unlock for the band and thought I’d give it a try again. Sorry to say zero percent unlock over the last two days. Just thankful I have the keypad which works 100 percent of the time.