Does the V3 Pro have much better two-way audio than the V3?

It seems like it. For example, this wishlist request says it is in progress:

Which indicates that there definitely are some improvements on the way.

Not yet. There is a wishlist for this. Vote for it here:

There are employees who browse this forum and the other platforms too and often report feedback on things.

You may post any criticism in any of them including here as long as you follow the community guidelines, which are very reasonable and mostly common sense (ie: don’t attack another user, focus on ideas rather than people; no threats, no spam, etc). They allow basically any criticism, suggestions, etc.

Don’t get me wrong though, I don’t hate the V3. It’s been a great camera in a lot of ways, with a good image and the starlight sensor it has to see in low light was amazing when it launched. I also love the invisible near IR and the magnetic base, and some cool accessories, etc. It’s great in a lot of ways, but sound and 2 way talking are not it’s strong points. Sounds is not great on recorded events, but it’s okay. But I can’t really use it for 2 way talking. If someone doesn’t care about 2 way talking then it’s not as big of a deal. So I’ve positioned in places where that’s not as important for me now.

For the V3Pro, I think you’ll like it better for talking. Keep in mind that it uses more power, so be careful about using too long of a 3rd party cord since they can reduce the amount of power getting to the camera, which can affect it’s functionally while your trying to talk through it. Test it out and see how you like it. One nice thing about Wyze is their 30 day return policy so you can make sure it fits your needs/expectations first.

1 Like