Dissing Customers

Nope. Just got them delivered. It was the garage sale. Nonetheless, it wasn’t disclosed when they sent the order last week.

They did not sell any v1’s in the garage sale

5 Likes

Depends on the hardware Id say also. If the hardware, memory, cpu chip or whatever can still support the software updates then maybe the timeline is different for the other cameras.

And putting this out there…

6 Likes

Ah. Then he or she must have picked up some Pans (V1). As far as I know those are NOT losing any support now, so he or she should be fine. Support is being dropped (and again, they will still work fine so to me they haven’t dropped support) for the regular non-panning Wyzecams V1. So far as I understand.

Yes, simply having V1 in the name does not mean Wyze is dropping it.

All camera models go thru several design iterations during their lifetime. The fixed-view V1 was Wyze’s original camera. The fixed-view line of cameras are just called by their iterations – “V1”, “V2”, and “V3”.

The V1 was superseded by the V2. At the same time the V2 was introduced, the first version of the Pan Cam was introduced. So the Pan Cam V1 is the same technology as the fixed-view V2.

So they are not dropping support for the Pan Cam V1, just the original V1 fixed-view camera.

3 Likes

The reasoning unveils that Wyze is super shady. What day you @Wyze? This is bad behavior. Knew about the hack for a long time and didn’t tell customers or patch the issue.

1 Like

And here is another article:

There is a major ethics issue here executed by every employee who was aware of this. WTF were you thinking?

For the most part, no one here is an employee. We are customers, just like you.

2 Likes

So you expect perpetual hardware usability and support?

Have you ever upgraded your WiFi router to get better performance and security?
Have you ever been forced to upgrade to a new phone because the older ones are no longer supported?

Everything has an EOL time, be it planned obsolescence or to move on as new hardware/software features are released.

I always love the double standards we have. We allow Apple to tell us we have to buy new iPhones all the time and happily run out to do as we’re told but when another company does it we bitch and moan.

Do you still have support from Apple for your iPhone if it’s older then an 8?

They’re not saying you CAN’T USE the cams anymore, they’re saying they CAN’T SUPPORT those cameras anymore due to hardware limitations. Whatever you do with those cams is at your own risk.

These cameras are a few bucks and get years of support. Your typical WiFi router costs hundreds and get severely limited support if you get any at all.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

How is this different than on let’s say an iPhone that Apple no longer supports or a WiFi router that Netgear no longer supports?

First timers say the darnedist things.

This is the first time chrisgcormier has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

Welcome youngster.

Good analysis.