Disappointed in new V3 OG cam

I took my OG off Cam Plus. When I went into my OG, I can click “Show Menu” > “SD Card” and see my continuous recording playback.

Events list is the default and yes you can’t click on any of them without Cam Plus to play the videos.

This is correct.

Hell thought you new that it’s posted all over,most vendors are going that way it’s so cheap its only 1.00 for us since we have unlimited plan

When using SD cards and without any type of service, OG cameras will only allow you to record events for 60 seconds and every 5 minutes. These new cameras do allow you to record videos continuously but not events, as opposed to V2/V3 cameras that will enable you to record motion-detected events back to back with no cooldown time for unlimited time as long as motion is being detected and you have an SD card installed (All this without any type of subscription)
OG cameras are useless if you don’t have a subscription as opposed to V3 cameras.
And having the cameras set up to record continuously is ridiculous. It’s almost impossible to search for something that might have happened over a 24hrs period not to mention the life expectancy of the SD card will diminish significantly. to the point that manufacturers don’t warranty them if they are used for video surveillance)

2 Likes

it was clear to me it will need Cam Plus (subscription required)
my problem is
tags in the playback timeline not working as was advertised
(i do not see motion tags on OG camera , they are on PAM V3 but not on OG)
and its primary reason i updated my V3
(colors also look gray compared to all other wyze cameras)

Thats true as stated its all new platform,get cam + like the rest of us, [Mod edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

That’s good to know. Maybe you can submit a log for this.

I’ve had some missed events so until I’m sure motion detection has no false negatives I’ll stick with continuous recording.

:-1:

If you install an SD card and you go to the event window, where you can’t play anything and click on the SD card Playback icon it will take you right to that time on the SD card recording.

1 Like

its how it always was for years , i dont need OG cam for it , whole point of going OG cam is to have it on the actual timeline as shown

Wyze will require a subscription for event playback of events on any camera. I use an SD card.

@Tiki2 I have 8 v3 cameras with no paid subscription using Sd cards and with events only enabled and I get unlimited recordings whenever the cameras detect motion. As long as there is motion the camera will keep recording. Not the case with OG that only records 60 secs unless cam+ is activated.

I use continuous recording and had Cam lite where events would play back. Now in events it’s just a snapshot. Wyze is only offering Camplus now for event playback and other features.

Another example of Wyze engineers living in a TOTALLY different WYZE universe than their customers!! It says on the website on their OG Promotion that the OG has 24/7 continuous recording to the local SD card with NO subscription required.

Another example of WYZE engineers living in a bench-top only universe: They show an OG mounted on a fence in the rain with NO APPARENT POWER SOURCE. Then the specs say that it is powered by a 6ft USB cable (Supplied). My fense/tree/shed is NOT within 6ft of a rain proof outlet to plug in a USB power supply! WHEN ARE THE WYZE ENGINEERS GOING TO START PRODUCING PRODUCT FOR THE REAL WORLD!!

I quit with the forum for the past 2 years because of this exact COMPANY CULTURAL PROBLEM. They haven’t changed or improved. It does NO GOOD to spend valuable time giving them feedback because they never have heeded any feedback that they didn’t like, but are things that are necessary to make their products worth something. It looks like the OG kit has a value of about $0.50 (yes 50 cents) with a cost of 100 times that value. Value and Cost are 2 vastly different things.

My WYZE doorbell notifies me of a person 20 seconds after the person has given up and left the front porch. The 2-way speaker function is useless because the person is gone. I only know they were there because I have another continuous recording security camera systems. People with RING Doorbells tell me they are notified immediately as soon as a person walks up, even BEFORE they push the doorbell. If I have to pay even 100 times the cost of a WYZE product, it is worth it to get something that is of VALUE to me. Only the WYZE outlets are worth using.

1 Like

So now I’m taking it if you’ve had cam plus lite on your cameras they are now not allowing that and you must pay for cam plus? When I purchased the Cam V3 OG I took down my V3 cam it put the OG in its replacement and put the V3 in my garage and I used to get motion events on it. NOW I get nothing and it says I need to get Cam Plus. WTH? Are they getting that greety they are wanting all their cameras on Cam Plus? Why don’t they just raise the price a little bit to compensate for that? I’ve been a Wyze customer for about 8 years now and originally got them to make the V2 cams into black so they can’t be seen by burglars coming into the houses. I now have 9 of their cameras that surrounds my house both inside and out and they want me to pay for all of them just to see events?

The new cams V3 Pro, V3 Pan Cam and the OG cams can not use Cam Plus Lite. It will still work on the V3 and your other Compatible cams *— Compatible cameras: Wyze Cam v1, v2 and v3, Wyze Cam Pan v1 and v2, and Wyze Cam Outdoor. It is not compatible with any camera newer than Wyze Cam v3 Pro.

1 Like

The new cameras are all new from the ground up,we replaced all of our old V2,V3 with V3-Pro,V3-P.T.Z. AND WE AD
Well first of all the new OG camera series is an new build from the ground up,we replaced our old V2,V3 with V3-Pro V3-P.T.Z. and added 17 of the new O.G. series, our guys just love the easiest Wyze device that that they have program up,…We left 2 of the new O.G. all standard,and the guys dont like it due to cant use any advanced service like the others that we have on Cam + unlimited…which is great since now we have over 88 cams at 12 sites.Our guys looked around the market at other vendors have to offer and Wyze has the cheapest camera,extended features than and of the other vendors have.The camera market is changing so you must buy extended services…well thats it for now…i bless everyone for a safe weekend.

I had the original V3 cam and I decided to get the V3 Cam OG and got the cam plus and moved the original V3 in my garage which had the Cam Plus Lite. I looked at the event when I was in the garage and it suddenly won’t let me look at any event. I had planned on putting it back up on the outside of my garage where I had put the new OG. So I originally had the Plus lite on that cam and it worked that way when I put it inside my garage and now it doesn’t so Wyze took that off my cam.

I got Cam Plus with my new OG, but my V2s and V3s are still on Cam Plus Lite. Are you assigning them to Cam Plus Lite under Account > Services > Cam Plus Lite > Add Cameras?

This is me too. I knew I wouldn’t get person detection without paying but I thought the 12 sec event videos were a standard service. I’ve had wyze devices for about 6 years now. Their customer service has gone down and down. It is terrible that they’ve taken away the basic capability that makes these cameras have a purpose.

I would be ok with their subscription service if I didn’t have to pay per camera. How about $20 a year for the first 5 cameras? Then extra after that?
So disappointed @wyze So disappointed.