Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

I have Wyze cameras set up in 2 different countries. I would like not only a distinctive sound for Wyze but in a perfect world, I would like a distinctive sound for the cameras in each country. I guess some folks would like a different sound for each cam but I am not greedy. It wouldn’t seem that difficult since the sounds already exist within the iPhone. Can’t speak for Android but I imagine the same applies.

actually with android there is a way to get individual alerts for each camera or sensor.

with apple there is no current ability to do custom alerts at all

1 Like

That app did not work for me.

Wyze, please allow separate notification sounds for each camera.

what OS are you using?

Android

I’m going to guess you went through all my steps and it just failed to make the notification you set?

give me some details, we can probably figure this out. there are way to many steps in using that app and a mistake at any step can mess up the others. but I’ve got some time to trouble shoot. lets get this thing working for you :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have 3 Wyze cameras. When I selected the Wyze app (non beta) it brought up what you see in the image. Instructions say to click on the three dots and you get a different screen. I click on the three dots and it just shows a menu that says delete notification and settings.

It is also asking for this access. Do I have to allow this?

yes, allow that. once thats enabled that should allow you to see the other screen

I believe he can also just click on settings when he hits the three dots

1 Like

yes apparently I overlooked that in my original step by step. you should click on settings. im going to correct that now in the original post

apparently I’m not. I dont have the option to edit the original post anymore…

I did click on settings and it takes me to the screen where you can select Trigger, Notification, Light, etc.

Not sure what to do from there. I entered the information shown on the steps, but didn’t work. Somehow you need to tell it what camera you want to set up. I don’t see those specifics in the steps.

acutally you aren’t setting it up for a specific camera. you are setting it up to make a specific sound ( your choice) when a specific notification is sent. so say you have a camera on your front door. and you’ve named that camera in the wyze app as “front door” when that camera detects motion you get a notification from the wyze app that says “motion detected on front door” that notification is what the light flow app reads and then sends it custom alert from.

so make sure all your cameras have custom names. then trigger based on that. you are just setting the trigger in the light flow app to the specific notification from that camera for each instance.

does that make sense? theres a lot of info in that reply. lol

for cameras, the notification will be exactly the same except for the type of ( if its person detection, or just regular motion detection) and the name of the camera. the name of the camera is really what you are setting the trigger up for.

Sometimes it is easier to set it up from a notification you already have, one character off can make it not work

1 Like

“Out Loud” android app working for me as a workaround , for test to speech of particular application only (Wyze in our case) . its free, no advt

1 Like

Any update on this? It sure would be nice to have the ability to change the sounds on the app.

Welcome to the community, @tylerweight. If this topic’s tag changes to “researching”, then that means Wyze is looking into it. See the “Check the status” section of this topic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any update on this? Would sure be nice to have some type of notification tone that is custom to Wyze for iOS. I can’t see why Wyze can’t just implement a unique tone of their own and apply it to their app notifications. This would as I’m sure everyone in the discussion can agree would be extremely useful to not look at your iPhone for every generic notification.