Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

Needed… .ability tp create sounds for each cameras notification.

2 Likes

Please add my vote to the feature request tracker for unique notification sounds on iPhone

1 Like

Hi @mes5278, and welcome to the community. Please remember to VOTE at top-left. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would want it to be possible to assign a custom notification to each camera. Then I can create custom TTS sound files like "Front Door"for each camera so I don’t even need to look at my phone to know what the notification is for.

1 Like

Please excuse my “newness”. Receive notifications for sounds, movements, persons, etc. on my iPhone but no sound, only visual banners. How do I enable this?

Notifications with sound would be a setting on your device, in this case your iPhone.
I don’t have any experience with iPhones, so maybe someone else will chime in and help you with that

Goto: Settings/ Notifications/ Wyze/ make sure the “Sounds” tab is on. Also goto: Settings/ Sounds & Haptics/ Ringers and Alerts/ make sure it is loud enough that you can hear the alert. Alerts on iPhone are NOT affected by the normal volume controls - only this setting.

1 Like

Thanks so much!!! Have done both and hope I don’t hear it tonight 8-). Will test tomorrow!

How do you get different tones for different cameras. I have a Samsung phone and I am only able to select one sound and it works for ALL cameras.

Quit saying that! There are some of us that have 3 or more WYZE cameras and would like separate sounds for EACH.

I just got my 3rd Wyze camera. It would be great to have the app allow us to choose a sound for EACH camera we have. Using Android, under Notifications in Settings, Wyze appears once (not each camera) so only ONE sound can be chosen. I would like to be able to choose a separate sound for EACH of my cameras, and the app would be the place to get that choice. Please make this a priority, thanks.

Please change the app to allow each camera to have its own notification sound.

There is a work-around you could use until they decide to implement if they do, there is an Android app called LightFlow, I have not used it in a bit but you can set it up so when, for example, the notification says motion detected on cam 1 it plays sound 1 and when it says motion detected on cam 2 it plays sound 2. Yes I know it’s not perfect but if you are looking for a result now it may work

2 Likes

I just set up my first Wyze Cam today. Is the notification for “sound” and “motion” merely your phone’s notification sound, or are we supposed to be getting a text or email? If it’s our phone’s “ding”, Is there a way to know if the “ding” is my Wyze Cam, email, text or something else? I love the cam but need to know what’s being notifying. I have several more cams to set up but want to be able to know what camera is alerting me.

Yes, the notification sound is just your phone’s notification sound , you can change the sound for the wyze app on android version 8 or above , how to do that is in this thread.
There is no a text or email

1 Like

for your android phone, there is a work around to set up different notifications for different cameras. check out this write up I did the other day.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply. Where can I “change the sound for the Wyze app” on Samsung S9? I do not see how to do this in the thread.

Post# 80

2 Likes

Bit late, but thanks!

Come on wyze people stop dragging your feet and make this a reality. Its common sense that this option be Available