Daylight savings time rules

Got it. We’ll fix it as soon as possible.

Hey @QiS

Both the Rules and Cam Event Recording were time restricted (separately) to run between 11:03p-5:55a.

The Rules still run during the correct period: 11:03p-5:55a.
The Cam Event Recording Schedule shifted: 12:03a-6:55a.

The Bulbs and Plugs Vacation Mode shifted: 7a-10a & 7p-12a.

The Bulbs and Plugs aren’t on a Schedule other than that.

Also, I had a rule that is set to run one hour before sunset. Since the time change, it now runs two hours before sunset (and I haven’t edited it).

@peepeep I think the vacation mode doesn’t consider Daylight Time Saving. I forwarded this to the Bulb PM and they’ll fix it while I’m not sure about their timeline. If there’s any update, I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Hi @Joey_RC @lovemyjeep @joremson @lnafziger we solved this issue yesterday. If you still have problems with your schedules, please let me know.

The reason for this issue is due to too many schedule switches at the same time, the database read and write was limited, and part of the schedule update time failed.

1 Like

Cams
Manually revised each Cam Event Recording Schedule back to 11:03p-5:55a

Bulbs & Plugs

• Toggled-off Vacation Mode
  • Power cycled B & P
  • Toggled-on Vacation Mode

All is well.

Interesting. :slight_smile:

I do not have any rules that are messed up, but, my camera will not sync properly.

It is 1 hour off presumably due to daylight savings.

The correct time on my Android device is 1 hour ahead of the time showing on the camera. I have synced the camera’s time multiple times; this will not go away.

This is occuring on several cameras. v1, v2, and v3 cameras. All cameras have up to date firmware.

Are your cams located near a time zone border?

Same condition

Correction required

Well, here we are a year later and with daylight savings time all of my programmed schedules were advanced an hour again. I want my schedules to remain the same and just don’t understand why this happens. Seems like it should be up to the user to determine if schedules need to change but if I want my
Lights on at 5:30 when I get up then I shouldn’t have to reprogram this because my schedules were automatically changed by some rule in the system. Is there a way to turn off the daylight savings time so this doesn’t happen again? Seems this would have been resolved by now.

Don’t worry, the U.S. Congress is working on it (Getting rid of clock changes twice a year). :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

That’s funny. Maybe that’s what it will take - an act of Congress to solve my programming issue.

2 Likes

5 years and counting

2 Likes

Write to your house of representatives to vote for the "Sunshine Protection Act. I believe it passed in the Senate but the House was busy spending money elsewhere.

Hawaii and Arizona avoid using DST. Two nice places to live. :grin:

1 Like

So assuming this never gets fixed by Wyze, which seems to be the theme here, what is everyone doing? Editing the rules to be an hour different now than it actually is?

1 Like

I do not have anything time critical, so this might not help.

My main concern is lighting. I set lights to come on and off before sunrise and sunset on Standard time. In my locality, the difference between standard and DST is maybe 30-45 minutes. I turn off my V2 cams in the same manner. Works for me, but your mileage may vary.

1 Like

Welcome to the monkey house, Matt. :monkey:

I’ve settled for knowing what needs to be manually adjusted and what doesn’t. For my limited setup (v2 cams, bulbs, plugs.) And how to ensure the change takes effect (eg bulbs & plugs on Vacation Mode.) And bookmarking this thread in the forum software.

It’s a little annoying but it’s not at the top of my list. :wink:

1 Like

I thought everhthing went smoothly with my cameras this time, switching to daylight savings time, but it appears I was wrong. I just checked my rules history (today is 3/19) and all of my rules that are scheduled to run during the 2:00 am hour, show as having run during the 3:00 am hour instead. No idea why. They ran properly all last week, though, so go figure… :roll_eyes:

Any ideas…?

In my little universe of v2 and v3 cams, bulbs and plugs:

• The v3s are newly added

• Changes from 2023 are stricken or highlighted below.