Cut and Reconnect The Wyze light strip & light strip pro

I tried the connectors from Amazon and wasted about 2 hours trying to get them to work, no dice… I ended up just soldering all of my connections and fishing them through the holes until they were all in place. It was a little tedious but it worked just fine. Be sure to keep an eye on the direction of the light strip and also that you are not crossing the wires!

3 Likes

That blows. I don’t have any personal stake in the connectors, but I wanted to report my experience with them previously because they turned out to be a nearly ideal solution for my application, and I hoped that would help others reading this topic.

Using the connectors, I was able to avoid the problems of attempting to solder the strips in place or drill new holes in the cabinets to accommodate passing pre-soldered strip-and-wire assemblies. I’m glad you were able to achieve the result you wanted with soldering, and I imagine that’s probably a better long-term solution for a lot of installations. I like what you did, and I’m glad it worked for you!

For whatever it’s worth, this is what my installation looks like:

My mom really liked being able to set the colors for the Kansas City Chiefs while they played in last year’s Super Bowl:

1 Like